24 Part One: Kiss me Now, Mark me, Claim me

Sweet potato fries... it is finally time. Luna Ceremony time. I can hardly believe it. Understandably I am very nervous, my hands shaking slightly as I stare into the ornate full-length mirror at my reflection. My dress is beautiful and modest, yet clings to my curves in all the right places. Jamie has lightly curled my hair, and I am sporting natural makeup courtesy of Lou. It kind of feels like my wedding day, which isn't an exaggeration when you think about it. Part of me wishes Carla, my mum and my grandma were here to watch this momentous moment in my life, but I know that cannot happen considering they won't understand what is going on, and to tell them would be to enslave them. However, I have decided that in the future when the rogue situation has been handled, I will actually have a wedding for my human family and friends benefit. Also, what girl hasn't dreamed of a big white wedding since childhood? With Alaric's deep pockets, it is certainly going to be the highlight of the year.

Lou, Tori and Jamie have been helping me get ready all day, preparing me for what will happen and making sure everything will be perfect for tonight. I have gone half-mad today as I was banned from seeing Alaric, as apparently it is bad luck to see him before the ceremony. I feel like there is a literal hole in my heart, which can only be filled by him, and I desperately need him besides me. Apparently he has been busy all day anyway with preparations for tonight and training the warriors for the pending attack tomorrow, but I am trying not to focus on that for now. To contemplate on it will only fill me with worry for everyone's safety, especially my Alaric's. I love him and need him more then anything in the world, and just the thought of having to live without him tightens my chest making it difficult to breathe.

In the style of an actual wedding, Jamie is going to walk me down the aisle to Alaric. She went crazy when I told her what I was planning to do, but accepted it when she realised how happy and in love I am. I proved that I am not being forced into anything by showing her my newly retrieved phone. I have to admit I didn't have as many notifications as I would have liked. Surprisingly my mum did text me though, which was comforting to see.

"How are you feeling Jess? Are you sure you are ready for this?" Jamie asks as she hugs me from behind.

"Excited and nervous. It will be fine." I sigh shakily.

"Well you look so stunning." Tori sighs.

Damn right, I smirk to myself.

"You really do Jessamine; I wish I had your figure!" Lou pouts as she comes up to hug me from the side.

"You guys look incredible too! I love the outfits!" I exclaim as I stretch out my hands.

It is true, they all look like models. Lou has her hair up in a messy bun, and is wearing a satin green midi dress paired with a daring red lip and heels. Tori has a champagne silk skirt on with a balloon sleeve shirt, and has left her red hair wild and free to frame her face. Jamie is sporting a pastel purple dress with puffed sleeves and elegant kitten heels, making her look so gorgeous.

"Thank you Jess, and not just for the compliment. Thank you for saving my brother and making him himself again. I do not remember the last time he smiled, but with you, he is always smiling. You have made him a better person and he is actually happy, so I will always be grateful to you. Welcome to the family sis!" Lou reveals emotionally as she pulls me in for another hug.

"Oh Lou that is so sweet! But you know Alaric saved me too. Without him, I would still be leading a worthless and loveless life. He has made me so happy, and I am so pleased to have met all of you! We are already sisters, tonight just seals the bond." I wink. "I love you all!" I exclaim as we share a group hug.

"Right they are ready for you now Jessamine. Shall we make our way over to Blue Moon Creek?" Tori asks with an encouraging smile.

"Let's do it." I confirm with a deep breath.