3: I am No Blushing Virgin

I keep expecting to suddenly wake up and realise that this is all just a terrible dream... However, no matter how much I wish for it, it never happens. Crazy (and annoyingly hot) people have kidnapped me. I am honestly bewildered by the mess that has become my life. Worst of all is the only guy who has ever made me tingle with excitement and energy is part of the whole thing! And if my judgements are correct, he is the leader of this little cult meaning that he is the one I hate the most... even though I feel an infuriating pull to him and want him between my legs ASAP.

Trust me, I am no blushing virgin. I have been with boys before... many boys during my last years in high school (I guess you can say I was a bit of a slut - and by bit I mean infamous for), and the notches on my bed post from my first few years in college total to an embarrassingly considerable amount. However, it was all just harmless fun and lately my sexual appetite has diminished. I guess I've just started wanting more then sex. Craving for it even. But since most boys don't care about my brain or personality, only my body, I've kind of given up looking. My plan is to establish a career first, and then look for the all-consuming love every little girl dreams of.

I have been in two semi-serious relationships before, but they both fizzled out into nothing. I got bored of the first guy and the second turned out to prefer my ex best friend to me. Just because I was cheated on, it doesn't mean I won't ever give another relationship a chance, but it does mean that I am extra wary of men and their false promises now. There have been offers that others have called me a fool for turning down, but I knew they weren't the one for me. No one has ever made me feel alive and actually ready to settle down. Well, not until Alaric.

I hate that he seems to have an affect on me, but it is probably just because I haven't gotten laid in a couple of months. I just haven't felt a connection to anybody, and forgive me if this sounds cheesy but I just feel lately like sex should be more then just satisfying our most primal urges. God, what is happening to me?

I have never said this aloud, but all my life I have felt as if something is missing inside of me. Like I have been waiting for something to make me whole. And ever since I met Alaric... I feel as though my heart has finally started beating. I know that is crazy, and I probably need to check myself into a mental hospital if I ever escape, but I cannot help what I feel. My head is screaming no (the guy did literally kidnap me), but my heart is screaming yes, so now I am at war with myself. I don't know anything about Alaric, Lou, Tori, Mila or the others; if they kidnap people, who's to say that they won't kill me if I say the wrong thing?

However, in my heart I somehow know that Alaric would never harm me.

How I know that, I do not know and it is really starting to piss me off.

They all left around an hour ago, and I have desperately tried to escape the bonds tied around my ankle, but it is no use. I am not leaving here until they let me, which really fricking sucks. I just don't understand why I have been kidnapped. I'm a good girl (mostly), and I've never really got involved with the wrong crowd – of course I drink and I used to get high back in high school, but I've never been involved with a bad boy or any gangs. I can't decide whether Alaric kidnapped me because it was a command from a higher up, he likes the way I look or if he really is that mad about me spilling almond-milk-hazelnut coffee with a teaspoon of honey all over him.

Perhaps I should offer to buy him a new shirt?

I have cried, yelled, begged and sworn at the door in the past hour, but now I am bored. Bored and hungry, and unfortunately in a fit of rage I threw the plate of toast, scrambled egg and pancakes at the wall, and I can't reach it now because I am chained to the stupid bed. I actually wish I were at work, even though I would probably be getting yelled at all day; at least then I would be free and doing something I (mostly) enjoy. I have hope that maybe my boss will be concerned that I have not turned up for work, and hopefully my friends will realise I am missing, which means they can alert the police and hopefully will find me soon.

Suddenly there is a soft knock on the door, and the golden handle starts to turn making the hairs rise at the back of my neck. I shift along the bed as far as possible from the door, praying that the person coming in won't hurt me. A cold sweat forms on my forehead and my hands begin to shake. Lou's uneasy form appears in the doorway, and she gives me a sad smile before cautiously stepping closer.

"What do you want?" I snap, although I am secretly relieved that it is only her this time.

I don't know why but I feel like I can trust her.

"You don't need to be scared Jessamine, I promise. You just need to stay here for a little while and then everything will become clear to you. No harm will come to you, I promise you that." Lou explains in a heartfelt manner, but if she really were that nice, she wouldn't have kidnapped me in the first place.

"A little while? How long are we talking about? I have a life I need to get back to, and a job that I am probably fired from that means everything to me!" I exclaim angrily.

"I know Jessamine, and I am sorry-." She begins before I interrupt.

"If you really were sorry then you would help me escape!" I burst, and Lou goes white -well, whiter. Her skin colour match in foundation would probably be called 'snow'.

"I'm sorry Jessamine... but I can't go against my brother. Alaric needs you, and deep down you know you need him too." Lou reveals cryptically whilst running a hand through her tousled auburn hair. She is quite a small girl, with delicate yet simple features, but no one could say she isn't pretty.

Do I need Alaric? Of course not, he is just the asshole who kidnapped me!

"Well I'm sorry to tell you this but I don't need a man. And if I lose my job over this, I will... I will... I will sue!" I thunder, and then wonder whether threatening my kidnappers is really a good idea.

"Well, you don't need to worry about your job Jessamine. We have your phone... and made sure to tell your close friends and boss that you have an urgent family matter to, which is why they won't hear from you for a couple of days." Lou explains uncomfortably as she avoids eye contact.

Fvck! That means I am never getting out of here!

"What? How dare you use my phone without my permission! How did you even crack my password?" I yell, my cheeks burning with anger.

"I'm sorry Jessamine, but it's what we had to do."

"N-no!" I cry out mournfully, as my eyes fill with tears.

Why has this happened to me? I've never hurt anyone! My one hope of getting out of here has been thwarted, meaning I may as well just give in to whatever they want. They have stolen me from my life, and stolen my hope. What's next? I am weak and helpless, the two things I swore I would never let myself be. I am not going to become my mother. I bury my head in my hands, trembling as I sob and Lou tries to console me.

"Get away from me!" I scream as she tiptoes closer.

"I'm s-sorry Jess, but I..." Lou starts panicking before the door erupts open again, and this time Alaric races in as if someone was murdering his baby.

Edited