Chapter Twenty six

There he was....
The boy she had been longing for so long to meet...
After all these years....
This is how they meet... on each side of the history.
He was taller, more muscular, more... grown up that she remembered, but it was him... it was Lloyd.
She watched him turn around towards her. Yes... his face. It truly was him...
She still had her mask on, but there was no doubt that he had recognized her voice.
His eyes were just as green as she remembered,
And they met hers.
He knew who she was.
Waves of guilt rushed through her, but she didn't move. She stood there with her kunai's in her hand, pointing them at the ninja.
" 47...." Lloyd quietly whispers.
The words hurt as they hit her, but she didn't reply. She wanted to run over to him and just hug him, wanting him to know she didn't want to hurt him, but she couldn't.... she couldn't move.
Lloyd Garmadon was standing before her, her childhood best friend and crush... and she couldn't do anything.
" Green! Watch out!" Jey yells as he blocks an attack from a random assassin who had attacked. Now all the other assassins took the sign and went to attack as well.
Lloyd couldn't stand still and had to try his best to hold back the league. He grabbed Armen and pushed him backwards to hold him away from the league as they were fighting their way towards them.
" HOLD ON!" Cole yells to them all as he suddenly places his bare hand onto the ground, closing his eyes. First the ground starts shaking, then the ground around the ninja suddenly starts rising up. Cole was pushing them upwards!
Cole kept his hand onto the ground but raised the other towards the sealing, stretching his fingers out, commanding the sealing to open up to them, and so it did... the sealing breaks apart and heavy rain pours down onto them.
" seriously...." Kai mumbled to himself as he hated the rain deeply.
The ground they stood on rose higher and now it was impossible for the assassins to reach them. Or that was at least what they thought when suddenly a strong wind pushes Lloyd over the edge.
" agh! " Lloyd stumbled as the wind was to strong and fell. But to his surprise, a strong arm grips onto him, stopping him from falling all the way down.
" hold tight!" Jey yells down at him as he was struggling to pull him up.
" oh no you're not" Morro groans angrily and raises both hands, getting a better grip onto the air around them and controls it towards the ninja again, pointing it especially at the blue one.
The air hits Jey hard and to everyone's horror, the two of them falls to the ground beneath.
" Go!" Lloyd yells up to the others as he was the first one to get onto his feet from the fall.
" No! Not without you two! " Kai answers, everyone standing behind him, not liking what was going on.
" go .. please... we will hold them off until you get away. Bring the boy away from them" Jey replies, not liking to admit it, but they had no choice. They had to stand behind to hold back the enemy, they actually wouldn't have gotten away otherwise...
" no! Don't!" Nya cried out, not wanting to lose him for a second time.
" I love you..." Jey whispers to her before punching a league agent in the face while Lloyd used his powers to blow them off.
Cole brought them all up and left them behind, just like Lloyd had told them to, leaving Lloyd and Jey behind to fight off the league so they couldn't track the others down.
" well well guess whose decided to stay after all" Morro chuckles as he walks towards them.
" 45... it doesn't have to be like this.." Lloyd spoke as he stood there, ready to attack.
" it's Morro now! I'm no longer 45, I am Morro, the new Renegade of the league of shadows, and you, Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon, shall die by my sword"
The last part hit Lloyd with a large wave of shock combined with surprise and a bit of terror.
What had he just said?
And before he could let the words sink in, everything around him suddenly turns black and he falls flat Down to the ground.
" Green!" Jey yells as he had been to busy fighting Armen's brother who had taken the shape of sensei Wu.
But it didn't take long until he also blacked out by a force that stroke him from behind.
Even Morro was shocked at this sudden happening.
" alive. Overlord wants him alive"
Clouse stands before Morro, staring him coldly into his students eyes, not approving his recent action.
" but!" Morro began but Clouse cuts him off.
" ALIVE! Bring the boys to the base. They are our prisoners now, and yes!" He held up his hand to Morro who was just about to interrupt him again and continued: " he will be punished for his betrayal, but overlord has requested him to be brought before him, alive" Clouse finishes and turns to 47 who was standing behind him.
" why don't you take Green and Damon take the blue one? Hm?" 47 quietly nods as she had hoped to not to confront Lloyd like this. Clouse turns and disappears into the shadows.
" what you all waiting for!? Go! Return to the base!" Morro groans angrily, and the rest of the shadow assassins quietly disappears into the shadows like smoke.

47 quietly kneels down beside Lloyd, very gently touching his shoulder to see if he was reacting to the touch. But he didn't move. He was knocked out alright.
Carefully she lifts the limp body and warps her left arm around him to hold him up, following the others into the shadows of the caves.

" THEY'RE GONE! Gone!!!"
The ninjas had managed to get away just in time, thanks to Lloyd and Jey holding the most of the assassins back, even though some had followed.
They had reached the Bounty and had flew up into the air, leaving the place. Jey and Green being left behind was not taken well but they all knew they had no other choice.
" we will be back for them. I promise" Wu quietly speaks as he lands the ship nearby the temple.
" at least you're safe.." Kai pats Armen on the head.
Armen lowers his head. " i should have been the one standing behind... they didn't deserve what is coming to them..." he spoke, fighting hard to hold back the tears.
" no, Green and Jey are our strong minded ninja, we will save them. But first ... I need to contact my brother. Your... twin brother fooled me last time, but not again" Wu smiles down at the boy as he goes inside to contact Garmadon. For real this time.

Nya quietly sat at the table as Zane puts the plates on the table. Since Misaco was out with Garmadon on their last mission, and hadn't returned yet, Zane was the one assigned to make the dinner, since he was the best out of all of them.
The ninja takes their seats around the table, including Armen, when a miserable Wu comes out to join them.
" he doesn't reply...,"