Chapter Nineteen

It was dark outside. Likewise inside the new temple. Most had gone to sleep, even tho Lloyd knew sensei Garmadon would still be awake, or kinda awake. There was no surprise to finding him meditating when he had passed his half way opened door.
For a second he had considered asking him for help to for fill his plan, but out of fear that he would not want him to, he didn't do it.
Very quietly, he walked towards the medic room, where he knew Jey would be lying, and very slowly he reached out his hand for the door handle when he suddenly felt a hand onto his shoulder, scaring him to death.
" you should actually be training more on your sneaking abilities " Kai whispered to him, chuckling at the sight of Lloyds face .
" well I obviously do" he couldn't hold back a smile. Kai had become a very close friend after the last incident. After Lloyd had been able to heal him, he had almost been like a big brother to him. He thought him how to play video games, showed him new fighting moves and thought him how to use the elemental power of the fire.
" why you out here tho.." Kai asked him, whispering the words as it was obvious that the green ninja had hoped to get by unnoticed. Kai had actually not heard him at all, but he had taken a late night shower, and was on his way back to his room when he noticed a sneaky green ninja in the hallway. He couldn't resist the temptation to follow him and perhaps scare him. Only wearing his boxers, he had followed him.
" so... what's your plan? I guess you're here at Jey's door for a reason." Kai whispered slowly removing his hand from Lloyds shoulder and opens the door for him.
" I .... I think I can do something" Lloyd whispers back, and the eyes of Kai widen.
" wait... really? You think you can heal him? Just like you healed me?" Kai asks, getting interested.
Lloyd slowly shakes his head. " no... but i think I can do something a bit different..."
" a bit different as in?" Behind them came another new voice. Both being unprepared to hear their sensei Garmadon's voice, suddenly backed away scared.
" s...sensei we're... em..." Kai began, trying to come up with a good excuse for their strange behavior.
" don't keep anything from me... you can tell me anything. You know that, right...?" He looked at Lloyd.
Lloyd lowered his head.
" I wanted to tell you... but ... I don't know what may happen to me.. if I do this... so I thought it would be best to not tell anyone..." Lloyd mumbles.
" Green... what are you talking about? Please explain your... plan?" Garmadon spoke, entering Jey's room, letting them both enter, slowly closing the door behind them.
On the hospital bed before them laid Jey.
" master....I think I can bring Jey back. I think I can heal him..." Lloyd begins.
" if I'm the master of all primary elements... why can't I give up my lighting to Jey?"
Garmadon watched him with narrowed eyes. This could be dangerous. In fact, this could kill him. Never in history has anyone transferred their powers to another person. Or.... perhaps there has been?
" the last elemental master of ice managed to give Zane, a robot his powers." Lloyd confirmed, and Garmadon realized the possibility of this strange idea.
" do you really... think it may work...? As far as we know... the master of ice did not survive. How we know you won't get hurt?" Garmadon continued.

" just... trust me... please... and if I die, then at least I have done something good in this world. Jey's parents may get their son back. They went home today, expecting their son to never return. I don't have parents. I don't have anyone. Let me do this... for him... and them.." Lloyd begs, not wanting to waste any more time, not wanting Jey to get closer to death.
" you have us!" Kai speaks up, and Garmadon nods in agreement.
" you are one of us Green, you belong here with us..."
Lloyd felt his hear sink
This is what he had dreamed of, but never dared to believe in. A family. They weren't his parents, but they cared. He wanted that. But he wanted that with Jey as well.
It had seemed impossible, but in the end, they had actually become friends, and he would not let him die. Not like this.
" at least.. let me try. " Lloyd whispered.
Garmadon slowly nods. " we don't know if it's actually going to hurt you... but if it is.. I'm going to pull you out of it alright? I won't let you die as well... I've already lost a part of my family... and I swore not to let it happen every again. And you're included. "
Lloyds green eyes met Garmadon's. He could read the truth in his eyes, witch quietly brought tears to his eyes.
" thank you..." Lloyd whispers.
Garmadon smiles softly. " anytime.." Lloyd couldn't stop himself. His arms warped themselves around the older man and he hugged him. Wet tears rolled down his cheeks and onto his senseis clothes. Garmadon didn't expect this, but with his right hand, patted the young ninja onto his hair, stroking it carefully.
" you're my family. All of you... if my son would have lived.. I would have wanted him to be like you Green. Without the past of course, but You're brave and caring. You have sacrificed so much already... don't let anyone take that from you. You truly are good."
Kai nods.
" you saved my life bro, I am very great full to you for that" he smiled warmly and patted his shoulder.
" brothers " Lloyd whispers with a smile as he wipes his tears.
" yes, brothers. All of us" Kai grins.
" then let's save our fifth brother" Lloyd turns to Jey, who quietly lays into the bed.
Garmadon walks over first, the boys following closely behind.
" he's all yours Green..." Kai mumbles as he removes the duvet from Jey.
Lloyd nods and slowly lifts his hand, very carefully placing it onto his bare chest. He closed his eyes. As Garmadon had thought him, he focused on the energy within him, slowly entering a world of darkness.

Suddenly he's in the dark world with the water from earlier. But this time, the old man stands before him with his back facing them.
" you're back." The voice speaks.
Lloyd looks around to see if there was anything or anyone else there with them, but as far as he could see, there was nothing else but them.
" I am... and I hope you can help me..." Lloyd speaks, lifting his feet to walk over to him, but as he did, they did not move. He looked down and noticed the ice freezing him there.
" why?" Lloyd asks him.
" why? What have I done? No child... this is you" the man speaks.
Lloyd looked down again. Ice... yes he was right. This was his doing.
" how can I find the lighting... if this is the ice, where can the other elements be?" Lloyd asks him.
The man doesn't reply.
" hello?" Lloyd carefully speaks, but when he do, the figure before him suddenly fades into smoke and the water around him suddenly starts filling up. Seconds later, he was under water, his feet still frozen to the ground.
Lloyd tries to scream for help, but just like real water, it drowns every word. He bows down, trying to break the ice with his bare hands when it suddenly breaks itself, letting go of him. He pushes off and swims up to the surface of the water, but ass he reaches it, he suddenly appears to be in a jungle.
This time, the old man was sitting onto a branch, drinking tea.
Lloyd realize he now was laying stupidly onto the ground and sits up fast.
" sir... please guide me to the path.. I need to cure my friend... I need to return his lighting..." Lloyd confesses. But the old man only stays quiet, drinking some more tea.
" come on! Talk to me!" He yelled at the old man. Why wouldn't he answer? They had spoken with each other earlier.
" sir....?" Lloyd started walking towards him. This time there was no ice holding him back, but that changed when he got closer. Walls of earth and fire sprung up before him! Blocking his way towards the man.
" what the!?!?" Lloyd had jumped backwards to not get hit by the fire wall.
Why was this happening? First water... then ice.. now fire and earth... wait.... why was he experiencing this?
Sounds of loud bangs was being heard and Lloyd lifted his head, looking upwards.
Thunder and lightning....
Lloyd looked down again and everything around him was gone. The jungle, the fire the earth.
This was an elemental journey...
" there you go" a voice behind him spoke.
The old man.
" why are you putting me through this.?" Lloyd questions him, not understanding why.
" why? Because you need to understand the beings of your powers.. giving up your lighting may take away your green ninja powers.. you don't understand who you are"
He spoke, slowly walking towards him.
" but... he's my brother... I can't let him die... and the world needs the elemental master of lighting. Right now, he doesn't exist."
The old man studied him.
" please sir... show me how... I am willing to give my powers up for my family..."
" perhaps there's a different way of doing this" the old man very gently takes Lloyds hands in his. " I am the firs spinjitsu master... I am the creator of all elements. I give you, the green ninja the primary source of the elemental power of lighting, not for your own gain, but for the elemental master who has lost his own."

Lloyd's eyes starting glowing white, and strikes of lighting rushed through his arm and into Jey's chest. Kai and Garmadon backed away at the sight of it.
" I...it's working! " Kai called out to Garmadon.
" yeah.. I believe it is!" A smile crossed his face, but he kept an eye on the green ninja. He couldn't risk him.

A loud gasp of air crossed the room and Lloyd slowly removed his hand from Jey.
Jey inhaled air into his lungs and gasps for air, almost like he had been trapped under water for ages.
" Jey!" Kai yells out in excitement and runs over to his bed.
His eyes were still closed, but now they could hear him breath, and as Kai touched his skin, he noticed that his pale skin was slowly, but surly gaining color. He was going to live! The blue ninja was going to live! Jey Walker! The elemental master of lighting was alive! And he was going to live!