Chapter Twenty

Blue eyes slowly opened at the sign of daylight. In reality, it was the hospital lights that had been turned on, but after sleeping for ages, this felt like waking up to a new day.
" w...what happened..." Jey mumbles weakly as he noticed the face of Kai standing over him. At the sight of his tears, memories returned to him and without an answer, he knew exactly what had been happening.
He had almost died...
" h.. how long..." Jey whispered.
" too long.." Kai whispered back, holding onto his hand, wiping his tears. Jey couldn't remember last time he had seen the fire ninja cry, but this sure melted his heart.
" was I close to... ?" He was about to say die, but Kai stopped him from finishing his sentence.
" you're alive, and that's what matters."
True, that's what really matters now.
Jey weakly turned his head and noticed Lloyd standing there with a warm smile onto his face. Yes... this kid had done it again, hasn't he?
" thank you..." Jey whispers. He now felt guilty for how he had been treating him.
" I'm very sorry I didn't trust you.." he began but Lloyd only shock his head.
" no, I understand why you didn't trust me, and I probably would have reacted the same." Jey smiled. This kid wasn't like any other enemy. He had saved his life.. and Kai's life as well.
" I'm still sorry. " Jey spoke, wanting Lloyd to know that he meant it. He truly had treated him horrible.

It took time, and a lot of energy, but Jey finally managed to sit up in his hospital bed, looking at his tree companions. " please tell me... how long have I been out...?" Jey asked, not really wanting to know the answer, but knew he needed to know.
" almost a week... " Kai answers.
" how's Nya...?" Jey knew the answer to this one, but for some weird reason, he needed to hear it.
" she's... heartbroken. So are your parents and the rest of us. The doctor confirmed only some few hours ago that there was no hope for you" Kai continues.
But as he spoke, Lloyd suddenly felt a dizziness. His vision became blurry and it was starting to get difficult to stand properly. His mind seemed foggy and he didn't understand anything until he felt strong arms grip him, preventing him from hitting the solid ground.
" Green!?" Garmadon's voice spoke out of worry.
The fogginess lighten up a little bit and his bison got better.
" I'm... I'm alright.. I just need some time to rest... I .. I honestly don't know how much I was drained out of energy, but I'm alright " he spoke, letting Garmadon help him to his feet again.
Jey looked worried.
" Green.." but before he got to say more, Lloyd only held up his hand and smiled.
" I'm glad to have you back, brother " Jey smiled at the last part. Yes. His most hated enemy has now turned into a brother for life.
" brother " he replied, but was still worried for their Green Ninja.
" get some rest... we're going to fly back to our main base tomorrow, and we should probably not tell the others about Jey right now. It's in the middle of night." Garmadon spoke, leading Lloyd towards the exit.
" get well Green! See you tomorrow at breakfast sensei" Kai waved at them. As they closed the door behind them, Kai quickly turns to Jey.
" I have a genius ide!"

The sky was clear and the sun shined brightly that day, flowers blossom and the smell of late spring surrounded the whole temple.
Lloyd hadn't really been sleeping much last night, but he already felt a lot better. Garmadon had been by his side the whole night after their success on healing Jey, or more like returning Jey. Lighting was his life force, if it were to be removed, he slowly would die, this would also happen with any other elemental master.
Giving up the lighting had been no easy task. Lloyd hadn't told Garmadon about his encounter with the first spinjitsu master, but he thought that could wait. Right now, he seemed to tired to even understand anything. To Lloyds surprise, he had been up all night, watching over him, making sure he was alright. Being worried that something bad could happen.
Lloyd smiled at the thought of it as he was walking towards the kitchen, where the others were waiting. It felt good to know that people cared for you. He had never experienced this from the league. He truly wished he could change that. That the children like him could be free and experience what he had.
His old team... they should have been here... how he missed them. Even though he hasn't seen them for almost 5 years. If there was anything that we got to keep to our selves in the league, it was their age. Nothing could change that. He only remembered the faces of his teammates as young kids. He and 47 had been the same age, and back then they had been around twelve, now or soon they would be sixteen.

Lloyd entered the kitchen and noticed right away that Kai was missing. However, Lloyd took the seat between Misaco and Zane, giving Misaco a warm smile and Zane a bro fist.
Nya sat opposite him, not seeming happy at all. No one in the room seemed happy at all. Kai then finally arrives, pretending to be super tired. Out of them all, he was the worst actor.
He pretended to yawn as he stretched out his arms, " morning kids, I had a bad nightmare about Jey dying last night, but I'm just happy It was just a dream. " he blinked at Lloyd, and he knew what was coming next. Of course. Of course this was happening.
Jey suddenly walks out from behind him, yawning and stretching his arms as well, pretending to have woken up recently. Unlike Kai, he was a great actor " unlike you, I lived in mine" he smirks at Kai.
The sound of a glass hitting the ground and breaking into pieces was being heard. Nya's eyes stared at her supposed to be dead boyfriend and couldn't believe the sight. She wanted to stand up and run to him, kiss him, hug him, anything to get to him, but she couldn't move. Tears filled her eyes and she started crying. She wanted to say something, but only some weird sounds came out.
Jey quickly joined her, pulling her into his arms. She warped her arms around him, not wanting to ever let go of him. Never.
" shh... it's okay I'm here.." Jey whispers as the others start talking to each other and to him, all way to happy to see him. But his full attention was on Nya. His heart cried out to her and understood how much this whole situation with him almost dying had broke her.
" they... said you were not to be.." she began but wasn't able to continue. He tightened the grip around her, and  carefully strokes her hair.
" don't think of that.. I'm here now, just listen to my voice, I'm all real" he kept holding around her, not letting go.
" how..." Cole asked as Jey turned his attention to the others, still holding onto Nya who had her head hidden into his chest, still crying.
" ask Green... he saved my life..." Jey nods at Lloyd, smiling warmly at him.
" I was wrong about you. "
" please... don't blame yourself for that..." Lloyd spoke.
" he returned the lighting to me.. he gave it up to me... the reason why I wasn't healing was because it was removed from me..."
" damn... you don't understand how glad i am to see you..." Cole's eyes filled up with tears. " welcome back brother " Zane happily pats Jey's shoulder.
" it's all thanks to you Green... you truly are one of us" Kai rubs Lloyd's hair and grins down at him.
" family stays together, right?" They all laughed and held up their cut of tea.
" always!"

Outside the window, hidden well by the busses, laid the twins watching the whole reunion inside the house.
" report to master Clouse and 47," Armen speaks to his twin brother Damon. Damon nods and carefully takes a picture.
" they're going to move back today. Find the bracelet at their old base before they return " Damon quietly speaks into a walkie-talkie.
" will do" the voice of their female teammate replies.