Chapter eight

The words span through Lloyds head. He had heard those words before, he knew it, but it hadn't been Garmadon who spoke them. It had been overlord. He had mentioned this story, or more correctly... prophecy. He hadn't told him that he was the green ninja, only that he was the chosen one, and Lloyds had thought that he was chosen to become his right had or something.
He remembered the day his teammates had been sent away after him discovering the green light energy power. Of course there was a connection to it. He had hoped not, but reality proved otherwise. The green power had only aperated once more after the ice incident. It was two years later when he had been sent on his first mission outside the league base.
The mission was supposed to be a simple one, but had turned out to be worse than expected when one of the leagues enemies, Pythor. He was a villain as well, but he had some unfinished business with the league and had planned on kidnaping the boy to hold him hostage, but he was not expecting the boy to be a skilled warrior. Lloyd was actually just out to steal a valuable diamond of some kind, when Pythor had arrived.
The battle between then was long and the league was working hard to send out someone to help, when Lloyd suddenly had managed to knock Pythor unconscious. No one had seen it but that was the second time he had used his strange power. But overlord had already known and held him isolated from other children since then.

" I believe your fever has gone down." Garmadon spoke as he held his hand to Lloyds forehead. He wasn't quite sure why he felt okay when he touched him, but when he was with the league, he couldn't handle it. He would always push then away, because back there, human contact was forbidden unless it was under training or just randomly touched. But all contact like hugging, holding hands or anything that showed friendship among anyone was forbidden. Only people who had guard standards could grab onto people if it was necessary. But otherwise, no human contact. Also when they were kids, it was strictly forbidden, but there were no one watching them when they were in their sleeping rooms, so all the children bonded and created friends. At least he and he s roommates did. The twins, 467 and 468 were obviously brothers and were the best of friends. 23 was the oldest of the 4 boys sharing room and was a little bit more to himself, but he always joined playing games they made up together. And then 47. She had been the only girl in their squad, but was the absolute most skilled of them all, and she had been Lloyds best friend. She had always tended to his wounds when he got injured at training, and wound always look after him. She did treat the others with the same kindness, but Lloyd had always been her number one to look after. And he was likewise to her. He remember her sweet smile they he woke up to every day, and the goodnight hugs she had given him before going to bed.

" Green..?"
Garmadon spoke, and Lloyd snapped back to reality.
" you alrighty? I know you're not well... but I believe the poison has left your body." Lloyd looked down at his hand. The bracelet was still there. Garmadon looked down at it too.
" I will remove it, I believe you won't leave us now that we will protect you" he reached out for the bracelet but Lloyd stopped him.
" no! Leave it on... who knows what I may end up doing in the end... you must.. at least do it for me... I don't want anyone else to get hurt because of me..." Lloyds eyes were red from crying earlier, and the tears now tried to break free again, but he resisted them.
Garmadon watched him.
" alright... but I will remove it when you tell me to alright?" Lloyd nods. That was fair enough, even tho he had decided to leave it on forever as a reminder of what he has done.
" I need you to come with me now okay? Trust me... my brother needs to see you. He needs to know what you truly are... and he probably will ask you questions. But I need to cuff your hands... just for the safety "
" just be honest with me... I'm a monster..."
" Green... we're here to help you... " Garmadon responded to his comment.
He reached out his arm to the boy who still was sitting in his corner from when he had entered the room to look after him.
Lloyd stared at it, before deciding to grab it. Garmadon pulled him up to his feet and smiled at him. " I'm here to help alright..?" Lloyd slowly nods.
" yeah... alright.." he lifted his hand and Garmadon gently cuffed them.
Together he was lead out of the room by the older man. The hallway was empty, but when Lloyd passed the ninjas room, he noticed Jey, the lightning master, sitting onto a bed. Alone in his room. He saw tears roll down his cheeks.
Fear stroke Lloyd. Had it happened? Was Kai... dead ?
He lowered his head and kept following Garmadon towards a door he hadn't noticed before.
Garmadon opened the door, and inside stood Wu, along side a woman. Who was she?
" Misaco!" Garmadon sounded surprised at the sight of her.
The woman brightens up at the sight of him and opened her arms to embrace him. He left Lloyds side and hurried over to his beloved wife and embraced her.
" Misaco! You won't believe how much I've missed you honey " he pressed his lips against hers, holding her gently in his warm arms. And then tears broke free from her eyes. She kissed her husband back, with both her hands on his cheeks, not wanting to ever let go of him. She couldn't believe how long it had been since she had felt his lips against hers.
Garmadon held around her, wanting to protect her from everything in this world, never wanting to lose the last person dearest to him.
" it's been two hard years without you" she whispered. Garmadon wiped her tears away with his hand, and hugged her. " it was too long... I've been so worried..."
Lloyd watched them. He had never seen two human beings, being so happy to see each other. Was this... love?