Doctors Orders

The demigods had decided to resume playing the game tomorrow, as it was almost time for dinner.

They all walked to the dining pavilion in little groups, Nico with Piper and Jason, Will with his abnormally cheery siblings. They averted each other’s eyes as much as possible, distracting themselves by the people that surrounded them, even though their thoughts were elsewhere. Jason was telling a story about eating a stapler, which earned him an eye roll from Piper. Nico just nodded his head since nothing really bothered him.

The group sat down at the Hades table, but no-one seemed to care, after offering some food to the gods, the majority going to Aphrodite. Dinner seemed to last a century, every minute seemingly endless. Nico had the urge to sneak a glance at Will, but restrained himself, hoping the previous events would be forgotten somehow.

Well actually he didn’t. He liked it, but had no idea what to do next. What had Will meant with feelings? Was he like him? Did he mean he wanted to be friends? (I swear Nico is as thick as a brick)

All the thoughts made him dizzy, his world spinning before his eyes. His heart began pounding in his chest again. His cheeks must’ve flamed since Piper rested a comforting hand on his shoulder, which startled him out of his trance.

“Do you want to talk?” she whispered so Jason couldn’t hear.

Nico just shrugged and stared absentmindedly ahead of him. Talk about what? Will? He tried blocking the blonde out of his head, forcing his mind to spin a web to keep him out.

 It seemed to work for a second when he saw Katie enter the mess hall, her hair sticking out in odd angles, wearing a bright pink shirt that said ‘My boyfriend did this to me’. Her glassy green eyes scanned the room, looking for Travis. When she had finally found him, she walked up to him and gave him a punch in the shoulder. He looked up, feigning a hurt look.

“Katy-Kat, what was that for.”

She just gestured to herself, before Travis stood up and wrapped his arms around her, burying his hands in her hair. Her hair flattened itself immediately and shone brightly. The bright pink tshirt turned into a fine, silk dress. She looked up, stunned by what had happened.

“I’m not that awful then, am I?” he asked teasingly.

She pushed him away, punched him again and walked away, covering herself with her arms self-consciously. Travis looked hurt, but followed her reluctantly, like a sick puppy. The whole mess hall became quiet suddenly.

Nico played with his food as his thoughts drifted back to Will, but for not long. He heard a shout, probably from the Ares cabin.

“Hey McLean, your dad has nice abs.”

“Yeah, he’s just too hot for words.” Someone else shouted.

Jason clenched his fists, but Piper put her hand on them, muttering something about being strong enough to handle this herself.

The pair just ignored the rude remarks and the hysterical laughter that escaped Connor’s mouth and left soon enough, leaving Nico alone. He suddenly felt overwhelmed, as if everyone’s eyes were focused on him, glaring holes through him. He too left a little bit later, his head down while he exited the mess hall, making sure he was out of the Apollo’s table vision. He seemed to be doing a good job at avoiding Will, or so he thought, for when he reached his cabin the lanky boy was already leaning against his cabin door.

“Look, I just wanted to apologize for what happened earlier, I wasn’t thinking straight and blurted a load of things and I’m sure you did to, otherwise you wouldn’t avoid me right?” he mused, his voice inheriting a teasing tone at the last part.