Double Trouble

A few awkward minutes had passed since Will had clutched Nico's hand and confirmed there was obviously something wrong with him as he was as cold as ice.

Nico felt relieved when Will finally drew away, yet also slightly disappointed. He wasn't sure why he felt that way; it wasn't like that action had actually meant something. That's what he kept telling himself anyway. But then why had his heart melted like chocolate at the time?

Nico shrugged his thoughts away like an unwanted jacket. He was just simply confusing himself and nothing more. It was best to pretend nothing had happened; after all, nothing had happened, right?

Everyone sat around in an imperfect circle this time including Travis, Connor and Katie who had joined after the earlier dare.

Jason tore his gaze away from Piper and rested them onto Nico, giving him a sly grin that drove Nico crazy to discover what Jason was thinking.

"It's your turn to choose someone, di Angelo," Jason informed him.

Nico resisted the urge to chew his lip out of nervousness. He scanned and studied everyone, trying to decide who was the best to pick.

His eyes lingered on Will but quickly moved on once he realized he was staring like an idiot. Percy, a voice insisted inside his head but he told it to shut up. No way was he going to choose his old crush! "I...Travis, truth or Dare?" He inquired.

All eyes focused on Travis.

"Obviously dare," Travis smirked.

Nico thought carefully for a minute. What could he dare Travis to do...? He couldn't waste the opportunity. Maybe something for Travis' own good...that would help Travis like him more and Nico knew he needed as many friends as he could get.

Suddenly an idea popped into his head. "I...I dare you to kiss the person you think as most attractive in the room." Nico has already predicted the answer, wasn't it obvious enough?

Travis' eyes widened but he quickly regained his calm and chilled posture. "Sure."

"Don't dare even think about kissing Annabeth!" Percy blurted out.

Annabeth went as red as a tomato, looking like she was resisting the urge to hit Percy round the head. "Seaweed Brain," she groaned.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to mate," Travis smiled uneasily. He turned to face Connor and a wicked smile slowly crept onto his face. "Bro, I think it's time I come out and tell you how I really feel." Travis winked at Connor who went bright red.

Connor's jaw dropped open as Travis gently shut his eyes and leaned towards Connor, ready to kiss him.

Nico couldn't help but gawk at them. Was Travis actually going to kiss Connor?

Nico felt a pair of intoxicating eyes pierce through the side of his head and turned his head to meet Will's gaze.

Will smiled mysteriously at him as if he knew something everyone else didn't.

They both silently stared at each other, unable to look away until Nico was ultimately broken out of his daze by the noise of a loud slap.

He abruptly glanced at Travis and Connor to see what had happened.

Connor had smacked Travis' head with his hand. "No way am I going to kiss you! You're my brother! This is incest, man! Seriously ew!" Connor argued.

"It's nice to know Travis is attracted to someone who looks identical to him. Why am I not surprised?" Will grinned.

"I don't think anyone's surprised. We all kind of worked it out that Travis' gay...and in love with his brother," Percy chuckled.

Jason and Percy were doubled over laughing as Annabeth and Piper tried to calm them down.

Nico had to admit Connor's expression was priceless.

Katie sat beside Travis, smirking.

Travis must have perceived her giggles, as he tilted his head to look at her and gave her a wink before turning himself completely around, grabbing her face between his hands and pressing his mouth against hers.

Silence suddenly heavily coated the room however was broken by Piper loudly going: "Aww!"

Katie stiffened under Travis' touch at first but then kissed him back passionately.

Once they finally pulled away - and Nico was glad they did as it was starting to get seriously awkward - Katie beamed at Travis who looked like he'd just won the lottery.

"Woah, you guys should seriously get a room," Percy stated, and Annabeth glared at him.

"Shut up, Seaweed Brain," she muttered but a small smile played at her lips.

"Bro, I actually am regretting rejecting you, who knew you would turn out to be such a good kisser?" Connor commented and Travis' face heated up.

"Back off, he's mine," Katie warned jokingly.

"I am?" Travis stared at her grinning and her cheeks went slightly pink.

"Do you want to be?" She asked.

"Can you please do all this cheesy stuff later?" Percy whined and Piper elbowed him.

"Just ignore Percy, he's an idiot," Piper said.

"Am not!" Percy exclaimed.

"Seaweed Brain, just shut up," Annabeth instructed and gave Percy a light peck on the cheek.

Nico felt Will shuffle around next to him - just as Travis blurted out "Yes!" - and turned to look at Will. "What're you doing?" Nico questioned.

"Uh...I...nothing," Will smiled slyly.

"You just moved halfway across the room to come and sit with me." Nico raised an eyebrow.

"I...I'm just here to check up on you, obviously," Will lied. "You feeling okay?"

Nico rolled his eyes. "I'm great. I don't need to be checked up on."

Suddenly Will had a tan hand on Nico's neck.

"What are you doing?" Nico squeaked, wide-eyed.

"I'm taking your pulse, death boy," Will told him then frowned slightly. "It's getting incredibly faster now."

"I wonder why," Nico muttered, feeling his face heat up.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Uh...nothing." Nico lied but he had a feeling Will knew exactly what he meant... or maybe he just didn't. After all he was Will Solace.