Chapter 25.

Kaden pov.

I STOOD WITH ARZADON IN MY ARMS LOST IN THE THOUGHTS THAT CONSUMED HER. How she seemed not minding my six siblings. A lot of people would be overwhelmed. She simply said hello to everyone and greeted them with smiles and humor.

This girl was something else.

She had the mindset I liked. Something about her personality sold me the moment I heard a word from her mouth. She's feisty when you don't know her. When she opens up, she's a girl who wishes to be loved and has hatred towards the people who've done her wrong.

My heart melted when I walked in on William and her playing with his favorite cars. The way she cared for people she only met once or simply just been introduced to.

She had walked closer petting him while talking to him in a baby voice.

I found myself smiling, not being able to stop the small chuckle escaping my lips. My eyes found hers and fell towards her lips. Those lips that had before moved in sync with mine. I'm certain they were meant for mine only. Because she was heaven and I was addicted.

I was addicted to how her mouth felt on mine and how the soft moans escaped her lips whenever I grabbed her waist and moved her closer. She was truly memorizing.

We had exchanged a few words when she had asked for his name. I let Arzadon out of the room and went back towards her. My hands gently grabbed her waist. I wanted her close, closer than before. I had closed the space and my heart was beating faster with each second that passed by. She had me in the palm of her hand. I was hers and I didn't have to question it.

I leaned closer to her face, my eyes searching hers for any sign of rejection. But there weren't any. Craving for her lips to meet mine. Want to feel heaven again. When our lips were millimeters from touching and her breath was patterned with mine washing over my desirable wishes.

Just as I meant to close the space my mother's voice sounded from the bottom of the stairs.

"Kaden, Mateo, and Andrew, there's lunch".

Alex had patted the seat next to her and Heather had sat down with a smile. Just as I was about to pick the seat next to her, Mateo sat down in front of me. I went to sit across from her instead. I saw Mateo place his hands on her thigh and something ignited in me. Anger bursts through my body and all I could see is when Heather's hand found his arm was red. Seconds ago I stood in front of her seconds from kissing her and here she sat next to my brother. Flirting?

Her eyes went down and an evil grin played on her face.

Oh, I know what she's doing.

She seemed satisfied and Mateo removed his hand and nodded towards her. I had walked away from the table after lunch and Williams' final question. She said yes to fighting. Something new. I already knew she liked to fight. But it might help clear some questions with the guys.

"Kaden, remember your plate. Perhaps you find your manners back at the table where you left them." She told me and I glanced back watching her with a smile. I went back to the seat next to her and grabbed our plates as I went into the kitchen. She followed close behind making sure I would actually do the dishes and not simply leave them in the sink.

After I had finished cleaning our dishes I moved closer towards her. Closing the distance once again. Watching her carefully. Her body melted into mine. She looked as she was waiting on me, closing the space between our lips. I went whispering in her ear "I'll let you teach me manners. If I get to teach them to you in bed". She looked too stunned to speak. It was great, to be honest. I caught her by surprise. Something I enjoyed.

After a moment my lips found hers and I was back in heaven.

"What do you say to get out of here?" I asked her, a smile lit up her face. We had walked towards her car and I had begged her. Literally begged her to drive so I could take her somewhere I found when I drove around trying to find peace.

We had driven about a mile out of time so that should be about ten minutes in the car. She eyed me suspiciously from time to time, not trusting my intentions. She kept asking me where we were going, not giving me a break.

"Are you kidnapping me in my own car?" She exclaimed, offended and I glanced at her confused. She has such a big personality it's hard to keep up with. "That would be kind of hot, tho". My eyes found hers in the rear mirror. I gave her a confused gaze. All of what she just said is simply stupid. How would it ever be hot to get kidnapped? Let alone in her own vehicle.

I continued being silent, not telling her a clue. But she just wouldn't give me a break. I had tried to be quiet not saying anything and we were nearly there after five suffocating minutes with Heather asking every second. "Where are we going". I had bitten my tongue several times not wanting to ruin the surprise.

When we arrived at the froyo shop I had spotted, at one of my late-night drives. The shop looked brand new. It was a location in the entry of the town. Something about the location seemed incredibly dumb. Such a store should be in the city; it would benefit the shop more. Customer wise.

I opened her door and we went into the froyo shop. The floor had mint blue tiles and the walls had that sickening blue as well. They had small diner booths where you could eat your frozen yogurt. The counter had an exhibition where you could choose the wanted frostings you would like after you had chosen your yogurt.

We looked at the card for the size prices. She had already warned me about her paying for us. Independent. I liked that. But I wouldn't let that happen. "Do you know any good flavors?" I had to ask because I wouldn't know what to get. I never got this before.

She told me to order the strawberry yogurt after I had gotten it. She asked if they had ice cream and the girl behind the desk looked offended at her. She went to a frozen yogurt shop and asked if they had ice cream.

She gave her a cup of vanilla ice cream and Heather stood with a satisfied smile.

"You know, I never tasted froyo as well," I chuckled and shook my head, of course, she hadn't.

We had sat down at one of the booths talking about several things. We laughed and shared experiences. Sometimes on my late-night drives, I thought about how it felt like to love a person. More important to be loved. I wondered if this tingly feeling every time her touch was near my skin and her laughter could make my day if that was what strong feelings felt like.

I stopped that thought. I couldn't be able to love her or let her into my world. I would never forgive myself if she got hurt because of me. Bad people have tried. They had tried to hurt my family and they served the punishment for their foolish try. 

---

(Edited 03/09/22)

Thank you for reading!

Remember to vote, comment, and share.