Chapter 19

"PINEAPPLES AREN'T A FRUIT" Marcus stated after listening to Caleb.

"Marcus, why wouldn't it be a fruit?" We asked at the same time.

A slight concern for that boy. He sometimes left me wondering whether it was possible to be that clueless. He simply continued his rant;

"Well. First of all, pineapples don't grow on trees like apples. So therefore it's not a fruit" he stated proudly. Kaden's face twisted and I raised an eyebrow.

"Marcus, the pineapple does not grow on a tree. It grows like a plant and is indeed a fruit" Kaden said as if he were talking to a five-year-old.

He went silent and thought he gave up the debate whether it was a fruit or not, but no. He started again with another ridiculous statement.

Marcus's face then suddenly changed, and I thought he bought it and was going to be quiet, but sadly no.

"It grows like a carrot. Then how come it is not a vegetable?" Marcus asked, looking more confused than ever.

Aubrey chuckled "good luck". I looked at the GPS with only five minutes left. I can survive this. Just as the thought left my head,

I heard Aubrey explaining to Marcus why the pineapple is a fruit and not a vegetable.

He nodded like he understood and the silence reappeared. For a minute at least, before the next question was asked.

"So is the potato a fruit or a vegetable?" He asked once again.

"Charming, shut up" I said defeated. He looked at me and laughed with a huge goofy grin,

"Okay princess, I just wanted to see how long it took to annoy you," he winked.

My eyes found Kaden's face in the rear mirror. His jaw clenched and unclenched. Funny he was this jealous of his best friend.

When we arrived at our destination, Hamilton and the others stood waiting with their jackets on. A November breeze hit us and you could hear the others complain.

I stripped down to my bikini and ran for the sea. Hamilton followed after me pushing me beneath the freezing water and I scowled at him.

It reminded me of the old days, when we would have taken our bikes down here for a quick swim before the water got too cold. Hamilton and dad would always yell something to make us all run for the water as quickly as we could. While mom was home waiting for us to arrive as icicles. She would be ready with a hot cup of chocolate and a blanket to make sure we wouldn't get sick.

Hamilton and I kept fighting in the water trying to get one another beneath the water when someone yelled "The last one in the water buys pizza". Marcus rushed towards the freezing water with a concerned look on his face and we stood in the water chuckling. When their feet touched the water they were winched by the cold.

Only one was missing and stood watching all of us as if we were maniacs.

Kaden

"Kaden, are you coming?" I yelled at him, but he didn't respond. The feeling of annoyance filled my gut combined with something else I wasn't used to, insecurity.

Which made me walk up to him. When I stood in front of him his eyes lowered to mine and a small smile played on his lips.

"I asked you a question, Kaden. Are you coming, Handsome?" His face twitched and I could see the pleasure of me saying his name and handsome in one sentence. His eyes couldn't concentrate on mine and kept falling lower than what they should.

A small smirk was on his lips and an expression of satisfaction played all over his features.

My eyes saw his and a quirky response was all he got.

"Take a picture, it will last longer" I teased.

With that said his hands went to his pocket finding his phone.

He fumbled with it trying to find the camera and I chuckled when he said "okay pose" he winked.

A small laughter came from me and I started posing differently. I could hear the camera say that noise which assured me he actually took pictures.

He took the pictures smiling at his phone while I stood in front of him posing as if I was a model.

I chuckled and squealed "Let me see!" I laughed. With that he showed me the pictures and there I was standing on the beach with the ocean behind me laughing and posing in several different positions on his camera roll.

"Wow" he mumbled.

He turned off his phone and put it back into his pocket. As he started to take off his clothes. We ran together out to the others and the guys simply stared at us. Probably wondering what was happening between us. Hamilton looked confusingly calm.

I splashed water on all of them who stood near me and Kaden yelled

"That's war!"

We all started to splash water at each other, just having fun in each other's company.

After thirty minutes passed, all of us were ready to get out of the freezing water and go home. We had prepared towels so we wouldn't make our cars soaking wet.

When we drove home Aubrey and I sang along with the radio that blasted Ariana Grande 'Thank you next'. The guys only laughed at us, because we sang terrible and even worse together, but we were having fun, and that's what counts.

We were headed towards my home, because why not.

I parked the car and we went inside. Where mother greeted us, as she asked if we were hungry. All of them slowly arrived inside and she looked at all of us.

She greeted Jason and Grayson like usual.

Aubrey and Caleb got caught into her bear hug. Soon followed Hamilton and I got a round as well. .

"So, what are these gentlemen's names? I never got them." She said,

"I'm Kaden Mrs. Brooks and the blond haired guy over there is Marcus," Kaden answered politely.

"Don't be such a polite child, I'm used to these four", she said, while she pointed at Caleb, Hamilton, Aubrey and I.

"Mom, that's enough. Shall we order pizza?" I asked her. She thought for a moment.

"Yes dear, do that. Can you order a number six" she said smiling before walking back into the kitchen.

Hamilton went to help mom and the rest followed me to my room. Grayson and Jason went straight for my bed. Aubrey raced them and said that they should make space.

I wasn't used to having all of them here. Normally we were hanging out at Calebs or Aubreys because their houses had more space.

And beside that only Aubrey, Caleb and I had sleepovers here. The others came here from time to time. If we decided to hang here, because everyone else's houses or places to go were busy.

After we had eaten and talked a sudden idea hit me and I shared the idea with the others. 

———
(Edited 10-02-22)

Thanks for reading, remember to share, comment and vote. Thanks.