Chapter 38

Heathers pov.

Aubrey and I were walking ahead of the others with Caleb. She was gossiping to Caleb and I about her latest date with Nathan and she kept laughing before telling us. Nathan and her were incredibly adorable together. She told us about how he had taken her to this fancy restaurant downtown and while they were placed at the table something triggered his allergy and he kept sneezing for the rest of the night. She also told how he had taken her out on a horse carriage ride afterwards. She kept smiling whenever she talked about something that contained the name Nathan.

I glanced behind me to get a glimpse of Kaden and Jake talking and laughing. The others walked along and talked while they laughed here and there. I smiled to myself, how did I get this lucky.

I loved him, so dearly. Aubrey had noticed that I was focusing on something else and Kaden had sent me a smile that I returned. She had told me she knew somehow we would end up together. That she never doubted we wouldn't even while we were having the four month break. I swung my arm around her and told her that we should enjoy this night as if it was never ending. Since it was our last night as high school kids.

Some of the jocks hosted a final party that they named "Exams are over, lets get drunk". A pretty accurate name as you can see. We had walked there since it wasn't far from where Aubrey lived and since none of us wanted to stay sober on our last night as highschoolers we decided to walk instead of driving. It was only two kilometers. So nothing bad. It wasn't boring either especially when you heard Grayson and Caleb fight over who got dibs on one of the girls that came tonight. Caleb used the bro code and said since he said it first Grayson had to back off. Then Marcus supported Caleb and the others started discussing with them. All that time they spent on fighting I got relieved smiles from Kaden, since he didn't have to worry about any of that. He would come home with me either way. We laughed whenever a new one tagged along in their fight. In the end none of them got with her and to be honest I'm happy they didn't. She wasn't the kindest soul on this earth.

We entered the driveway and loud music could be heard outside of the house and couples laid down on the lawn minding their own business on top of one another. Kaden pointed me in the side and asked if we should do that later tonight, I laughed and told him it was never going to happen. He chuckled and joined the guys.

I watched the many red and blue cups laying around the jocks lawn, people sat outside vibing along with the music blasting inside the house. When we got to the porch a couple of guys with a beer keg pushed past us and I glanced at them when they apologized. The jock who hosted the party, Brady I think his name is, greeted the guys and told them where to place the beer and greeted us. He made us follow him inside the very crowded house. The foyer was huge and you still had to squeeze yourself past the many sweaty teenage bodies dancing to what song that was playing on his speakers. Whenever you had to say something you had to yell for the other to understand what you're trying to say.

He explained it was alright to jump into the pool since his parents were on a vacation so they wouldn't know. I glanced around trying to spot Kaden between the many dancing people in this house. I couldn't find anyone, the only one left next to me was Aubrey and Nathan. He had followed us instead of the guys. I wasn't sure if he felt safe with Kaden and his gang members because whenever Aubrey and I hung out with them he stayed close to Aubrey as if they would hurt her. Brady started making us a drink and I watched his actions closely, not removing my focus on what he was mixing into the drink. He handed Aubrey his vodka mix of some sort and another one to me and said enjoy before he disappeared back into the crowd. Nathan had grabbed a beer and they left somewhere. I wasn't certain at one point I lost track of them as well and stood by myself awkwardly watching the huge crowd of teenagers dancing up against each other. The girls were grinding against some guys that didn't seem to mind.

"Look who's alone at a party" The high-pitched voice wasn't hard to guess whom it belonged to. I turned around and there stood the group of the queen bee herself and her minions. I watched her not wanting to start a fight on my last night as a high school kid. I wanted to enjoy it with no drama. She was seeking the wanted attention, she wanted eyes on her. Which is why I knew where this was going. I glanced at her, not impressed by her skimpy outfit, she was giving away her body for free to describe it short.

I wondered how it felt to be so insecure. Must suck. I haven't heard from her for so long. Since Kaden and I fight they spend quite the time together, but when Kaden chose me he left them alone completely. He didn't speak a word to her and whenever she tried to poison our relationship he pushed it aside.

"Look what the cat brought in, not a lot other than a skimpy outfit and an insecure girl" I glanced at her when I said it. I didn't want to start a fight, but this would happen anyways. I never was good at describing faces to the point where it would create an instant picture, but this one was easy.

She looked as if her eyes were about to pop out of her skull and smoke was gonna burst out of her ears. That kind of mad was how she looked at the moment. I said one sentence to piss her off, she made it easy.

She walked towards me with a top that looked like a bra and a skirt that barely covered her butt. Her shoes clicked when she walked over the kitchen tiles to reach me. I watched as she walked and took a sip of my drink, the attention had already moved from the dance floor towards us and I knew what that meant. I couldn't hit her if she laid a hand on me- It wouldn't make sense that I was able to throw a punch. She slapped me across my face and said "Don't you dare say those words about me" I laughed and watched her, she used force in that slap. I'll give her that, it was a good one. All around people looked shocked and into how this would evolve. Something about the attention triggered me, because I wanted to show her that what she did was stupid. But causing a bitch fight wouldn't be pleasant for a party I was supposed to enjoy.

"Truth hurts, love" When I said the heat from another body appeared next to me and the touch of an arm around my waist. I glanced next to me with a smile to see Kaden and Marcus standing on each side of me. Melissa watched both of them and huffed as she turned around and walked away. At least she earned her attention, so people saw her lingerie.

Kaden grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor as he started spinning me around. I laughed with a huge grin as we started dancing, probably looking like idiots, but we didn't care. We were enjoying the moment. He lifted me in the air as he spun me around once again. At this moment I felt like I was dreaming. He was my savior. I'm certain-

"Heather" Someone yelled, Kaden and I followed the voice as we entered the backyard where the large swimming pool was. I glanced around as Kaden lifted me and threw me into the pool. My head got below the water and I raised to the top of the pool again, lifting my middle finger to him.

----

Edited 14.03.22

Thank you for reading, 

Remember to comment, vote and share.