Chapter 10

"Quotes is like another world of dreams" ~ Random fact in my opinion.

-O-

Five years ago (third person POV):
Heather's grandfather took her cousin Mason and her out to a field of beautiful yellow sunflowers. Heather ran through them with Mason right in her heels. Their big smiles were plastered on their faces. Laughter filled the field when Mason tackled heather softly. The smile never left their faces, neither did it on their grandpa's. Heather looked around; the best thoughts ran through her little 12-year-old skull. She'd sat down in the middle of the sunflower field, looking around at the tall sunflowers. With that, sunflowers were her favorite flower.

They presented something beautiful with certain power and backbone. They seemed strong and all of them together were inseparable like Mason and her or her brother and her.

As they all sat down, Heather looked at grandpa with big eyes. She could feel something was wrong. He had a hard time sitting down, but she was not the only one. Mason saw it as well.

They helped him down and questioned whether he was okay or not.

He nodded and asked, "who wants to hear a story?", it caused Heather and Mason to squeal yes.

Their grandpa enjoyed their joy and loved how they protected each other.

He laughed before he started on a story they had already heard thousands of times."Once upon a time" grandpa said, but Heather couldn't keep her mouth shut "yea yeah come on tell us" she'd laughed.

Grandpa joined her laughter, "easy tiger" he'd said with a big smile plastered on his face, even his eyes smiled. "So, once upon a time" his raspy voice echoed all around the sunflower field.

"There was this boy and a girl, they'd come here twice a week."

Heather got curious "who's the girl and boy grandpa??" She'd asked sweetly.

"It's me and grandma", he said with a sad smile.

Mason and Heather's grandma had died a year ago, and grandpa was devastated, unhappy. The love of his life was gone, and he couldn't do anything about it. He missed her with his heart. Mason and Heather got tears in their eyes, at the mention of grandma.

They adored her with such a love you don't see or hear about often. Sometimes god wants what god wants their grandpa has always said. That's what he told them after she had passed away.

He told them that heaven had achieved a new angel and the prettiest of all angels.

Grandpa noticed the sudden change of emotions and continued his story.

Grandpas perspective:
"So she ran through this field every time we were here, the biggest smile on her face. I couldn't think about anything else than that she was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. We played catch, Marco Polo, and we had fun. Every time I looked at her, my heart would flutter and that's why I knew she was my true love. One day we went out there, I had brought a sunflower and her favorite books with us. When we got out there, I asked her to be my girlfriend. Her answer was yes, and I was the happiest man alive.

As time went by, our daily spot would be here. But sooner on, I couldn't keep the thought out of my head. She was my one and only, the one I wanted to spend my whole life with! So, I went out to buy a ring and went with her to the sunflower field. And with that I kneeled for her, I loved her. And I could see her eyes getting filled with happy tears. And I couldn't do anything other than smile and the smile only grew when she said: "yes yes yes". And with that our tradition was, weekly, going out here, we kept that until a year ago when she got sick I told her how much I loved her, and my love for her would never stop, that she always would be my one and only" grandpa said with a tear rolling down his cheek. Mason and Heather ran over and hugged him. "We miss her too grandpa" Mason said, small tears rolling down his red cheeks.

The memories came right at me, and that's why I couldn't stop the tear that followed down my soft cheekbones.

I had promised myself as a little girl that I would achieve what they had. I wanted the same they had. A love, a connection so powerful that even years later you would still watch your better half as if it was the first time you saw them. That was true love, I still remember the hard time I had when grandpa left the world to go with grandma. My truly best friend left me for the love of his life, which I understand now. But I didn't back then. It just wasn't fair, a little over two years later we had been at the sunflower field talking about grandma. We came there every Saturday each week. I still do. Not every week. But I try to. I go there every now and then. When I need a break from it all, I relax out there with all the memories. I'd like to read books out there, just sitting and reading in silence.

--------------

(Edited 18-01-22)

Thanks for reading fellas <3

Remember to comment, share & vote. Thank you.