Chapter 42.

Amara's POV:

When I finally stir from my sleep, I feel the intense heat of the sun on my face as it blankets the room from the wide glass window. I nuzzle my head into Mason's neck and wish that we didn't ever have to leave this unreasonably comfortable bed.

"Morning, sunshine," Mason whispers in his raspy, tired voice. "Do we have to get up?" he whines, matching my own thoughts.

"We could just lock the door and never leave." I chuckle.

"The sooner we leave this weird place, the better," he sighs, "If only we could take the bed with us."

I snigger into his chest, sitting myself up and stretching. I could really get used to this, although Mason is right—this place is weird.

"I'll call room service." he yawns, reaching to the phone beside the bed.

I hear him trail off as he hounds the poor person on the other line about every type of food they have available for breakfast. I notice him laugh, turning my attention back to him.

"Yes, room 10C," he raises a brow at me with a smug grin on his face, "Yes, this is Miss Woods' room." he replies, I roll my eyes at his transparent 'I told you so' when it comes to my name, or more so—Steve's name.

"Even the room service chick knew who you were," he props himself up on his elbows. "Yes Mr Woods, right away Mr Woods." he mimics her voice sarcastically.

"Shut up!" I throw a pillow at him.

I begin to tidy up the room, as soon as we finish eating, I want to leave. I cringe at the broken ornament on the floor underneath the desk—Mason and I must have knocked it over during our.. moment. Just as I bend down to pick it up there is a knock at the door. My head shoots up and before I even lay eyes on Mason I know he's smirking.

"Right away, Miss Woods." he sneers sarcastically as he creeps over to the door like an idiot.

"I hope everything is to your liking, sir." the man at the door chirps as he wheels the food inside.

"Yep." Mason shrugs before attempting to close the door in his face.

"Mason!" I scold him, smiling at the man. "Thank you." I say as politely as I can, that man can be so fucking rude.

I bite my lip excitedly as I admire the food Mason chose, pancakes, waffles, oats, fruit, even a lemon muffin. I rub my hands together as I shuffle to the bed, flopping myself down while Mason wheels the food towards me.

"This looks so good," I lick my lips as I pick up the muffin and pour myself some freshly squeezed orange juice.

"It really does," Mason chuckles as he sits down beside me and eyes up some pancakes. "Hey, so what did Steve actually do to have his name carry so much weight in this place?"

"Well, as you know he owns a lot of businesses and is pretty respected by most chains near here," I begin, shovelling more food into my mouth. "This was one of the first businesses he attempted to own, before he was so wealthy."

"He lost it to another man, the one who now still has ownership over here, Mr. Linden," I take a sip of my orange juice and screw my face up as the bitter taste fills my mouth. "After he lost this place he went on to own a lot more; food chains, hotels, spas, everything. Apparently, after he became so wealthy; Luna Palace started kissing his ass—he said they probably want something from him, if he takes ownership of this place everything changes for the staff for the better—but the current owner loses everything. If he takes joint ownership with Mr. Linden, well, this place would probably shoot up in ratings; even further than it is now—Mr. Linden gets to keep his business, and gets a lot more recognition being in ownership with Steve." I take a breath, my head hurting as I try to explain. Honestly, I don't understand it either. Barely any of what he told me went in.