𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 »

❝♛❞

EOBARD THAWNE looked from across the street at the small corner shoe store. Barry had been here a lot, caring for the family that owned the store. Mostly the woman who owned it, Lucille Rathaway. When he was disguised as Harrison Wells before the particle accelerator, Thawne was quite familiarised with the Rathaway family as they did some projects together.

Thawne was there when Hartley came to STAR Labs when his family disowned him. In the future, people didn't have such old values. Good thing Thawne never killed the young man, then who knows if Barry would have ever met Lucy and Eobard needed them. His future planned on it, his revenge planned on it. And it all started with photoshopping the news article that Gideon showed Barry, making so the byline read Iris West-Allen. When in truth it was just Iris West.

He started to walk across the street to the shoe store, undisguised so he was wearing his own face, and walked into the shop. His eyes trained over to the young blonde at the counter. Definitely not Lucy.

"Hi, welcome to Shoe Central. Please let me know if you need help finding anything." The girl offered to Eobard.

Little did the girl know, he wasn't there for shoes, just to meet the infamous Lucy Rathaway he heard so much about. Barry never could keep his mouth shut.

Eobard nodded in response and started wandering around the store, just waiting for the red-head to show her face.

"Genevieve, can you check the order forms on the table?" A voice shouted from the back room behind the curtain. "Wait! Nevermind."

Eobard looked to the counter with the corner of his eye as Lucy finally appeared at the counter, filing through the papers. Eobard then walked up to the counter.

He smiled at the women, "Hi, I'm here to make an order on behalf of my friend who couldn't make it. He wants to get a gift," Genevieve stared at him quizzingly, he hadn't asked for that once he came in. Maybe he was just browsing for himself.

Lucy nodded, "Okay," She grabbed a form next to the stack of the filled pile, "What's your friend's name?"

Eobard smirked, "Barry. Barry Allen."

Lucy's eyes lit up, "Oh, I know Barry! He comes in here all the time! Okay, so who's the giftee?"

"His girlfriend. Iris West. I-R-I-S. W-E-S-T." Eobard spelled out. He knew he didn't need to spell it out, it was just to mess with this girl's heartstrings. It was obvious Lucy had feelings for Barry, the future foretold it.

Lucy's hand clenched the pencil she was holding, the light in her eyes slightly dimmed and a wave of cool breeze flowed as the door opened and the bell rung, without anyone coming in. God, why was she feeling so jealous? She knew he was probably taken, but it was really nice to have a friend that wasn't made for connections with her parents. Really nice, maybe too nice? Maybe those were the feelings were just of friendship, something she never really had.

Lucy looked down and focused on the paper, it was unprofessional. "Okay, what did Barry want to order?" She asked timidly.

"Oh, just some heels. He didn't really know what kind. Barry said you could help. They have a big date coming up." Eobard informed, well, lied straight through his teeth.

Lucy nodded again and walked around the counter, leading Eobard to the woman's heel selection. "Where are they going?" Lucy asked while looking through the selection.

"Barry's making her dinner," Eobard replied. He figured she would react more to something homey and not extravagant or fancy.

"Okay, here are three pairs of the most popular heels we have. Comfortable, yet stylish. Perfect for a date," Lucy offered, pointing to three pairs of heels. Colors red, purple, and (Lucy's personal favorite) a soft cream.

Eobard's smirk got bigger, "Yeah, I think the red will be nice. I mean, can you just imagine it. A nice candlelit dinner, Barry in his best suit, Iris in Barry's favorite red dress, perfect for a romantic evening."

Lucy nodded, with a faraway look in her eyes.

Eobard interrupted the moment for Lucy, "And all just for Iris." Lucy nodded solemnly. Was it bad for her to be sad? To be sad that it wasn't her? Barry was just a friend. Of course, he had a girlfriend. He was a great guy. A perfect guy even.

Lucy stood up and shoved the two other shoes back into their spots and turned to Eobard with a forced smile, "Okay, so what shoe size is Iris?"

Eobard shrugged and looked at Lucy's feet, "Probably the same size as you," More tension added to Lucy's shoulders.

She nodded and silently moved to grab the box with the right shoe size of the eye-catching heels, then hurrying back to the counter where Genevieve stood waiting at the register.

Lucy placed the box on the counter, "Can you ring this up, Gen?"

Genevieve nodded and Lucy made her way into the backroom. Eobard paid for the shoes, giving them a nice tip and then walked out of the store and into the alley beside it.

He chuckled and sped (as much as he could in his state) to his underground hideaway, grabbing a scrap piece of paper from his plans and writing on it.

"Don't you think these shoes would look good on your friend? She recommended them."

Eobard signed his name at the bottom, as the Reverse-Flash. He grabbed the box and the note, sped to his time chamber, check the monitors and the cameras watching the team.

The coast was clear and he dropped it off on the counter of monitors in the cortex, he was sure that Barry would see.

Eobard smirked and ran off, only thinking of one thing.

The future.

❝♛❞

Okay, so tomorrow I will be posting again with a Thanksgiving Special that will not be officially part of the plotline but will just be nice. Anyway, I hope those who are celebrating Thanksgiving enjoy and have a wonderful day. Be sure to vote and comment if you enjoyed it. Tell me if you like shoutouts or if you just ignore this Authors Note. Sorry for the semi-short parts.

Be sure to keep leaving questions to ask my characters (and Flash characters) for a Q&A once the season is over,

❝♛❞