Chapter 21: Leave A Girl Thirstier Than the Sahara

Start from the beginning

“And why would you do something stupid like that? I don’t know this guy and I don’t want to! I’m fine as is. And I definitely don’t want some blind date my Uncle set me up on. Maybe you should stick to getting dates for yourself.” What the fuck? I don’t cuss much, but seriously that was how I’m feeling.

“You shouldn’t be mad at me because I’m only trying to help. You’re a young girl who's trying to figure out about what she’s doing with her life. You need a little bit of fun. I care about your well being.” His face showing no remorse or concern for how I felt.

“You never even asked me for my opinion. What if I already have a boyfriend?” And who might that be oh mighty December? You’re about to dig a hole for yourself. Hunter’s not your boyfriend. You don’t want him to be anyway. Right?—Oh no we’re not going there right now.

“And who might he be? I’ve never heard of him and I’d like to give him a background check” I sighed and sat back into my chair. “I didn’t think so. The date is Friday, at the Coffee shop.”

What was I going to do? I mean I had to go. That would be rude to just not show up. How would Hunter react? I mean it’s not like we had anything it’s just I know he tends to overreact. I was going on a blind date my Uncle set up. So freaking weird.

***

I took a quick shower about to go to sleep for the night. My hair was up in a pineapple and I was ready to sleep. All I had to do was go to my room and put on a pair a pajamas or sleep clothes—which ever I found first. I pulled my robe on as soon as my feet touched the cold tiled floor and I washed my face. I blew my nose, used the bathroom, and washed my hands before walking out to my room.

I was about to turn into my closet when I heard a knock on my window and it was no surprise to see Hunter hanging off the edge of my windowsill. I immediately opened the window and he pulled himself in breathing hard and glaring at the window.

“God, Cember! You could’ve left the window unlocked.” He was dressed in a dark gray, crew neck sweater, with dark jeans on and low top converse.

“The whole point of a lock is to keep people out Hunter.” Plus try to keep your creepy brother out. “Now what are you doing here?” I crossed my arms over my chest raising an eyebrow at him.

“To see if you’re finally gonna take my offer?” He started to remove his sweater, dropping it to my floor. If I were drinking water it would have missed my mouth at this point. Even though he had a white shirt under the sweater, when he lifted it off his head his shirt rose with it a bit.

“I’m not sleeping with you.”

He chuckled “I wasn’t talking about that offer, but it’s nice to see where your thoughts are, April.” He shot me a wink and I glared at the floor too embarrassed to look at him.

“I need somewhere to crash” he answered my unasked questions while walking dangerously close to me. I was only wearing a flimsy robe and with one tug it could fall and I’d only be in my underwear. I needed to get to my closet and fast.

“Don’t you always?” I questioned marching over to my closet and stepping inside.

“Maybe I just like being around you Cember. Ever thought of that?” I couldn’t see his face but I knew he was smiling.

I poked my head out and gave him a flat look “You just want in my pants.”

He laughed “Perhaps, but you’ll never know will you?”

“I don’t even know why I deal with you.” I sighed stepping out in jogging shorts and tank top—a sports bra under it.

“Because secretly you like it.” I was honest with myself this time. I actually did like it.