22. emerald

"I don't understand-" Bakugo stuttered stepping away from me.

"This is what I mean," I paused biting my tongue. "M-"

"No stop you've got it wrong. Why- why did you decide to do it?"

"Look I don't know how this started all I know is that somewhere along the line I decided to continue fighting- I don't want to get crushed. I don't want everyone to leave me and I don't want to be the reason everyone leaves."

"I won't leave."

"Sure you won't but you'll tell Kirishima- I know he means more I mean who am I to someone who has been with you the whole time." I scoffed.

"Since when was this conversation about Kirishima? This is about you and your shitty life choices." Bakugo snapped sending me an angry look.

"It has everything to do with Kirishima! Do you think I chose to do all this? No, I chose to stay alive!"

"That's no excuse. You chose to stay alive but you went about it in the wrong fucking way. You continue to choose to keep this whole shitty operation running instead of shutting the whole system down."

"You think me telling everyone to stop will end this? No way in hell all the little pieces will fall apart and scramble for some new sort of order!" I shouted, slamming my hand down on the counter top- the loud boom echoing throughout the house.

"Fuck you Y/N! Fuck you and your shitty life choices."

"You don't have to remind me."

"No, you deserve to be reminded," Bakugo said firmly- I was unable to meet his gaze but just imagining the look on his face crippled me.

"I know, I know," I whimpered.

I look pitiful

"Look at me."

I did I looked.

He looks-

God

"You said nothing was going to change," I muttered glancing back down at the cutting board.

"Do you expect me to sit down and let you do all this shit? Do you expect me to let you get even deeper in this shithole?"

No

"I'm already pretty fucking deep Katsuki."

"Right."

"Look at us!" I blurted out, "you said that nothing would change but in the span of ten minutes everything has changed! Do you expect me to let you go? Do you expect me to just let you go out into the world and tell everyone? I know you'll do it."

"Y/N when have I ever? You know what maybe you're right maybe things have changed- no maybe you've changed. When have I ever done something like that? Not when we were in school and you were too busy getting yourself in trouble to care about work. I haven't changed."

"You're mad at me."

"So what? You fucked up, of course, I'm mad at you. I've been mad at you every single fucking time you've hurt someone- or yourself. But you know what?"

"No what do you know that I don't?" I spat out tears threatening to spill out.

"I do it because I fucking care? I fucking love you Y/N and I'm so fucking tired of you doing things like this! I know you have your reasons! I know that my Y/N would never do this shit without a reason."

"But this isn't like the little fights I got into during school- it's so much fucking worse."

"You regret it?"

"Of course I do."

"Ok then."

"Ok?"

"Y/N you scare me. Not because you're dangerous- I know you wouldn't touch me but because I care ok? I care more than I fucking want to and all these lies? It hurts you more than it hurts me- I know that."

"You care?"

"Yeah, I care enough about you to make you face the consequences."

"Ok."

"Stop acting so pitiful- I'll help you."

"Why would you do that I deserve to clean up my own mess," I murmured my eyes slowly meeting his.

He's been crying

"Didn't you hear me earlier?" He asked taking a step forward.

No?

"I love you Y/N," he murmured, pulling me closer to him cupping my face in his hands.

"You said nothing was going to change," I exhaled- breathless.

"A lot is going to change."

"You really love me?"

"I really do."

__________________________

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW LONG IVE BEEN WAITING TO PUBLISH THIS CHAPTER!!

ALSO DONT WORRY THIS ISNT ENDING ANYTIME SOON! JUST BC THEY SAID THE L WORD DOESNT MEAN ITS THE END. I WLD NEVER EVER LET Y/N OFF THE HOOK FOR BEING A CRIMINAL THAT EASY (:<

this chapter is called emerald bc thats my birthstone and also a pretty color <3

- AIAIAIA