His eyes were watery when he finally opened them. He turned away from the sound booth window blinking away the moisture and building back up the facade that he had allowed to momentarily fall.

"That was fucking fantastic Blake. Really, really great. We're gonna go again. I want you to start at the chorus and we're gonna take it line by line." Blake nodded in response and took a swig of his water bottle. He was trying to distract himself from drifting back into his thoughts, but how could he distract himself when his heart was being laid bare, his real and raw heart break so easily on display. He had to do this. The boys were counting on him.

"So this is your first big industry shindig?" Brooke questioned as she teased Blair's blonde hair and set to work attempting to get it to hold a curl.

Hah! Blair wished her good luck with that.

"Yeah. I'm a little nervous to be honest."

"Don't be nervous. Tidal wouldn't be giving you this EP if they didn't believe in you. Plus, don't tell anyone I told you this, if it gets out I give away the good gossip I won't be able to get it, but apparently Blake Everett was in the building when you were recording the other day."

"Oh really? The Paper Parachute singer, the one always in the tabloids for fighting or destroying hotels or something, right?"

"That's the one."

"Glad we didn't meet then." Blair gave a nervous laugh.

"Well, you two might not have officially met but apparently he overheard you singing and said you were talented."

"Well, he might be an asshole but I'm glad he has taste." Blair said sarcastically unable to control her giggle and hardly able to believe her ears. "I thought he hated everything though."

"Apparently he doesn't hate you."

She didn't even know what to do with this information. She had this preconceived idea of Blake Everett, the complete douchebag singer of the hottest band in the country and she wasn't sure how to fit him paying her a compliment into the image she had of him.

"All done!" Brooke excitedly mused, spinning Blair around to face herself in the mirror.

"What?" Blair questioned, not realizing how long or deep she'd been lost in her own thoughts.

"What do you think?"

"I—I look..."

"Damn good. You look damn good. Let's get you dressed and a pic for the 'gram!"

Blair let herself be pulled to the closet with the clothes she was allowed to choose from and began combing through the selections. Nothing was quite her usual quirky and vintage style so she settled into a chair, content to just let Brooke pick.

"This. You have to wear this."

Blair quirked her eyebrow not quite sure she could pull the look Brooke had chosen off but, after all, Brooke was the stylist.

Liked by brookiecookie, Denosdiner, and 732 others
BlairA: My very first Album release party! Congrats @IamHalsey ! 

Blair hesitated at first, her finger hovering over the post button, but ultimately posted the picture Brooke had taken of her to Instagram. She scrolled through her feed as Phillip drove her to the club hosting the event.

She liked a few photos from some of her old friends back home and noticed the heavy uptick in traffic to her page. Apparently Tidal artists had been informed to follow her on their socials because, as she now discovered, she was followed by all of them, including Blake Everett himself.

She followed everyone, even Blake, back. Her curiosity getting the best of her as she clicked his most recent picture noticing he'd apparently already made his arrival at the event.

 Her curiosity getting the best of her as she clicked his most recent picture noticing he'd apparently already made his arrival at the event

Liked by PaperDex, PaperKace and 328,864 others
PaperBlake: 👀

AN: okay so I lied. Party was supposed to be this chapter but I got distracted. So I imagine PP's version of Someone You Love to be similar to the one I linked. I also imagine Blake's voice to be most like the blonde longer haired guy. Noah Centineo is pretty much spot on how I picture Blake.

I PROMISE they meet next chapter!

Song credit: someone you loved -Lewis Capaldi

Vote and comment!

Ily!
Sav 🖤