T H I R T E E N

Começar do início

"Doesn't mean I want something to happen to him."

"Right," Yeonjun mutters.

Doesn't this all seem suspicious to Soobin? Shouldn't he be wondering how his uncle knew to take him to the basement?

"Soobin, is the rest of your family alright?"

Soobin's smile fades. He looks down at the floor. "My m-mother..."

I close my eyes as a feeling of guilt washes over me. "Shit, I'm sorry Soobin."

"I'll b-be fine," his voice shakes.

Yeonjun quickly pulls the crying boy over to him and hugs him close to his chest. "It's okay," he whispers softly into the taller boy's hair as he cries.

I look at Yeonjun and smile. He looks up at me, still hugging Soobin. I motion to him that I'm gonna leave and he nods.

I walk towards the door, closing it behind me as I leave to sit in the waiting room. Soobin's mom, my boss' wife. Well, my ex-boss' wife. His biological mother.

It makes me realize how much I miss my mother. She was kind and beautiful. She always tried to protect me from my father's antics. My father was a lot happier back then. But she died.

A painful ache surges through my brain and I groan, gripping my head.

How did my mother die?

Another ache. This time it feels more like an electrical current is rushing through my veins all over my face and behind my eyes.

When did she die?

A loud ear-piercing shriek echoes in my mind. I grip my head harder, my body sliding down the door. I want to curl up in a ball. Anything to get rid of the pain.

I feel hands grip my sides and hold me up before I hit the ground. I open my eyes slowly and Jeongguk is there, looking at me with worried eyes.

"Y/N, your eyes..." He lifts his hand to brush a finger across the skin right below my left eye. "Have you been crying?"

I shake my head, the pain finally beginning to subside.

"Your eyes are bloodshot and pink," he whispers, still inspecting my eyes. "It's like you got punched or electrocuted or something."

I blink. Is it that bad?

He drags his thumb down my cheek, admiring my face for a second before sighing and dropping his hand to his side. I hate myself for missing his warmth.

"Let's get you to a mirror."

I nod and allow him to guide me to a bathroom, one of his hands still on my hip to steady me since my balance is not fully back yet.

"I'm sorry," I mutter.

"For what?" He keeps his gaze ahead of us.

"For yelling at you and being irrational," I frown. "I know you mean well and...I understand why you've been doing what you've been doing."

I can see a small mischievous smile grace his lips, but he makes sure not to look at me. "And what have I been doing?"

I shove him playfully, prepared to tell him off that he knows exactly what he's been doing, but I don't. Different words make their way out of my mouth. "You've been being really kind to me even though I've been being horrible to you. I've been keeping Yeonjun from you and I've been pushing you away even though we have this history together that I know neither of us can truly forget about," I confess. "I'm just...I'm sorry. Of course you can see Yeonjun and you can talk to him whenever you want. He's basically your kid."

We reach a restroom and he opens the door for me. I walk through the door and walk to a mirror, expecting him to wait for me outside, but no. He follows me in. I spin around and laugh.

"What are you doing?"

He looks at me with a somber look on his face. "Making sure you don't collapse again."

My smile instantly drops and I just stare at him. He cares about me. Truly cares. He's been pulling away from me against his own want so that I can be happy. 

I turn around and decide to ignore whatever was just happening. I look in the mirror and sure enough, my eyes are bloodshot and red.

And he was still looking at me like I'm the most beautiful thing on this earth.

STOP IT.

Purple and pink veins are popping out all over my eyeballs and my actual eyes are pink instead of white.

"Woah," I mumble.

"Yeah," he answers. "What exactly happened?"

"I don't know," I shrug and turn back around to look at him. "I was just thinking about...my mom and I got this pain in my head and I started hearing loud...things."

"Loud things?" He asks.

"Like...screams." Screams.

"Well, are you feeling them now?" Jeongguk asks with concern.

I shake my head. "No..."

He sighs. "Maybe we should talk about this later."

I nod. "Maybe we should."

"And by the way," he steps towards me, making me raise an eyebrow. "You're right," he says, taking another step toward me. I try to back away, but my back hits the sink. He smirks and places his hands on both sides of me, caging me against the sink, unable to escape. "I can't forget what happened between us." My heart starts to beat faster. "I am physically unable to. I don't know why I left and I know you don't exactly believe me. But something's going on with us and I promise I will figure it out for your sake, mine, and Yeonjun's."

He pulls away, leaving me breathless.

"Now, come on. There's a boy in one of these rooms that I haven't seen in a very long time."

☠ ☠ ☠

wow, i finally updated

it's been how long?

three months?

oops sorry

i'm not promising updates will be regular, 

but i promise i will be updating more

also

WHY ARE ALL THE GIFS I WANT TO PUT AT THE TOP "TOO LARGE"

FUCK YOU WATTPAD

~JJ