𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS FOREVER
chapter sixteen. favor, affection or ill will.

Sam is on the floor playing with Gracie when there's a knock at the door

Sam is on the floor playing with Gracie when there's a knock at the door. As Sam gets up to go answer it, Gracie mimics her and stands up to go follow her.

Sam opens the door to see, Ruzek and she smiles, pulling him into a hug, "Oh, my god, Adam. How are you?"

Adam detaches from the hug and says, "I'm good." then Sam punches him in the arm, "Ow. why?"

"Because you didn't tell me you were leaving. I thought we were closer than that"

"I know, and I'm sorry. I just had to clear my head. Kim was coming up to the unit and I got scared, but now I'm back. Can I come in?"

"Yeah" Sam says, moving to the side. Adam spots Gracie standing there and grows shock, "she can walk now?"

"Sorta, but she's been doing great" Sam says, closing the door, as Adam goes to pick his niece up and kisses her cheek, "what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you before I head to the district. Voight has me doing patrol"

"I'm sorry, Adam, but you'll be back on the unit in no time" Sam says, reassuring her friend.

"You're right. I just gotta play it out. So, uh, how's this new guy, Rixton"

"He's cool. You just gotta give him a chance"

Adam clears his throat and says, "And this Porter guy. I heard he's your partner now. And I know I met him once but do I need to roughen him up a bit"

Sam smiles and says, "No, I think I'm good"

🌙🌙🌙

"Rebecca Clark." Hank says, standing next to the whiteboard, as Erin tapes up her picture and several others. Jay sits on the edge of his fiancés desk and smiles at her as she rubs his back for a minute, while Porter watches them, then clears his throat and asks, "That's the girl that moved here and was gunned down in Bronzeville a couple months back, right?"

"That's right, she'd only been in Chicago six months before she got killed. Happened when she pulled over to buy a bottle of water at a corner store. Shot with a .45 semi auto"

"Father is Donald Clark" Erin says, pointing to his picture, "he is a poetry professor at West Michigan college. Mothers in a mental institution. Checked herself in after rebecca's death. She couldn't handle it."