𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS FOREVER
chapter eleven. don't read the news.

"Okay, so Gracie's favorite toy is her stuffed bumblebee that she got from her godfather

"Okay, so Gracie's favorite toy is her stuffed bumblebee that she got from her godfather. That's in her playpen. What she likes and dislikes and our phone numbers, are on the fridge, um, what am I forgetting. I feel like I'm forgetting something" Sam rambles.

"Baby, Lucy is gonna be fine. She's a professional" Jay says.

"Sam, we're gonna be fine" Lucy says, holding Gracie on her hip, "Right, Gracie? We got this handled"

Gracie nods her head and smiles, then Sam kisses her cheek.

"And Wyatt is in his room playing video games and Denise is in her room playing with a friend"

"I'm good, you guys go and save some lives"

Jay gives his daughter a kiss on her head before him and Sam head out to a crime scene they were just called to.

🌙🌙🌙

Hank walks onto the football field, and is met with commander crowley who tells him how important this one is and all eyes are on them for solving it.

"Rough one" Sam says, meeting up with Hank, "Grace Johnson. 22 years old." then they walk over to the others who are next to her body.

"She's not in the system. No priors. Nothing" Porter states.

"Found her bag nearby. She definitely wasn't robbed. But there's barely any blood here, so she was probably killed someplace else, and then dumped here" Kevin says.

"Well, she fought back. Defensive wounds." Al says, standing up from kneeling next to the body, "She's got skin under her fingernails. Three small caliber bullet wounds."

"There's marks around her neck. Looks like she was strangled. But the M.Es not going to know cause of death till she gets her on the table" Jay says.

Hank looks up from the body to see Kenny Rixton and says, "hey, Kenny, listen. Bag her hands. Have forensics run a deluxe, will you?"

Kenny nods her head and walks away and then a lady behind the crime scene tape starts yelling about something.

"Who is that?" Jay asks Hank, referring to Kenny.

"Kenny Rixton. He's Ruzek's replacement."

"What?" Kim says.