𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS FOREVER
chapter two. made a wrong turn.

Sam sits down at her desk, putting an ice cold water bottle on her neck to try and keep cool as the heat is in the 90s close to 100

"God, who can survive in this heat? I'm just glad we have a good air conditioner for the kids" Sam says.

"You're telling me, my air conditioner broke last night" Erin says. Sam passes the water bottle to Jay and says, "you can stay with us if you want, until the heat goes down"

Erin smiles and says, "thanks Sammy" while this whole time Al tries to mess with the air conditioner on the unit.

"Okay, who's up?" Hank says, leaving his office. Adam walks over to the whiteboard and says, "Alright, Nathan Ward, 24 years old. He's an engineering student. His fiancée, Sarah Murphy, also 24. She's a special needs teacher in northbrook. Now they have no priors, no convictions, no arrests. Between the two of them, they don't even have a moving violation."

"We put out a missing persons alert for Sarah. In the meantime, Kot signed off on an emergency order for her cell phone, so mouse is trying to ping it right now" Jay says.

"Yeah, what about the cars GPS?" Voight asks.

"That's gonna take a while, the guy at the tech lab was bitching about lack of manpower. I'm gonna stay on him" Sam states.

"But what if it wasn't a carjacking?" Kevin asks, "I mean, maybe they just wanted to score. The car was parked three blocks away from 290. That's the heroin highway."

"Yeah, but dealers don't assault their customers. Suburbanites are their bread and butter" Antonio states.

"Yeah, and we didn't find any drugs or paraphernalia in the car." Jay says.

"'Paraphernalia' there's an 'r' in there. A lot of people miss it"

"Okay, hooked on phonics. You wanna step outside?" Jay jokes.

"Let's do it" Dawson laughs as the two were about to pretend leave, everyone laughs but then stops when commander crowley walks onto the unit and says. "Sixty! Sixty! Sixty! That's how many shootings we've had this week. Twelve of them fatal. I'm not gonna worry about political correctness here or my own convictions. What we have is a white woman missing in the heart of the black ghetto. We're gonna assume the worst. She's been abducted. So do what you need to do to find her. Just do it carefully. Chicago already has enough of a PR nightmare."