𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS FOREVER
chapter one. the silos.

Sam stirs around under the covers, having nightmares of finding Justin left for dead in the trunk of his car

Sam suddenly shoots up in a cold sweat. Jay immediately wakes up and asks, "baby, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm, uh, gonna go get Gracie" Sam says, sliding out of bed, and putting on her robe to head to her almost 1 year olds room. Jay sits up and sighs.

🌙🌙🌙

Erin pulls up to the Silos where Hank and Sam were that night with Bingham, then exits her car and meets up with commander crowley.

"Detective"

"Commander"

"On the night the intelligence unit was pursuing Justin Voights Killer, I was monitoring the teams radio transmissions and geographical locations. I had your cell phone, Sergeant Voights and Detective Miller's triangulated the second radio traffic stopped. The three of you were both right here at the Silos while the rest of the team was pinged clear across the city."

"That's right. But it was only me and Sergeant Voight here. This is a place that sergeant Voight comes to gather his thoughts. And he was reeling after you pulled him off the case, so when I couldn't get him on his cell or the radio, I came here. And I thought I'd find detective Miller but I didn't. And the only reason you tracked her here was because she left her phone in Voights vehicle and when I left, I took her phone with me."

"Okay. And you guys did what?"

"Talked. About his unimaginable grief over losing Justin. It was a cops son that was killed that night, commander. I don't know if anyone briefed you on that."

"So you agree with what he did?"

"I don't know what you're referring to. You pulled us off the case. We complied. As far as we know, Justin's killers still out there somewhere"

"How much longer are you gonna cover for Voight, at the expense of your own career and this entire departments reputation?" The commander asks and Erin stays quiet, "does that matter to you? Or have you been fully absorbed into his world? I know you're indebted to him. He pulled you off the streets when you were 15, but it's time for you to think for yourself."

🌙🌙🌙

Sam and Jay are in the break room interviewing Ted Berner about his son being burned alive in a car.