𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS FOREVER
chapter eight. a shot heard round the world.

"5021 George, hold us down on a personal at 4800 Hazel" Jay says, through his walkie as him and Sam sit on one side of the table at a diner picking away at their breakfast

"10-4, we're holding you down"

Sam sighs and says, "Why are we doing this again?"

"Because this is how you get to know your brother better" Jay answers.

"I know, I just...I don't know if I want to do this"

"Then why'd you bring a wedding invitation?" Jay asks. Sam looks at him confused and asks, "what?"

"I saw you sneak one into your bag before we left"

"I guess I thought maybe there was a chance, if he wanted too"

"Hey guys" Sawyer says, walking over to the couple and sitting down across from them. Jay sticks out his hand for Sawyer to shake and says. "Hi, I'm Jay. Nice to meet you, formally"

"Yeah, you too"

Jay looks at his fiancé who looks like she's gonna faint and says, "Sammy.."

"Oh, uhm, we thought we would take this time to have breakfast, to get to know each other better. Cause I wanted to invite you to our wedding....and Harper can come too. I know you say she's busy in law school though" Sam says, handing her half brother an invitation while her hand slightly shakes from nerves.

"Wow, thanks Sam. This is really great. I appreciate this. And Harper really wants to meet you" Sawyer smiles.

"10-1,10-1, 2622, shots fired." An officer says over the walkie.

"Patrol 2622, you have the air. I need a location" dispatch says.

"Officer down. My partners been shot. 650 north state. Officer shot. Please send help"

"We gotta go" Sam says, as she and Jay get out of the booth, "we'll talk later" then they race out of the diner.

🌙🌙🌙

Sam and Jay race to the scene of the officer shot. As they get out of the car they immediately take their guns from their holsters, pointing them every which way, looking for the shooter as the patrol officer says, "I can't move him on my own. I can't...I can't get a pulse!"