𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS FOREVER
chapter seventeen. emotional proximity.

Hank and Sam exit their car to see Chief Lugo making a press statement at the scene of the warehouse fire, 51 responded too -which is also where Al's daughter, Lexi was, who is in critical condition at Med-, and they walk over to Stone and Dawson

"Stone" Hank says, shaking hands with ASA Peter Stone.

"Hey"

"Antonio" Hank says, shaking hands with Dawson. Dawson fist bumps with Sam as Stone says, "The entire State's attorney's office and investigators are at your disposal"

"Good"

"What do you need?" Dawson asks.

"Just have your people in Felony Review ready to sign some warrants"

"Done" Stone says, as Voight and Sam get ready to walk past them, "Hank, I know detective Olinsky's daughter is among the injured, but when I get this case file, it's got to be legit, by the numbers and tight"

"Hey, Sarg!" Severide calls out. Sam and Hank walk over to the firefighter, and Hank and Kelly shake hands, then Kelly gives Sam a side hug and kisses her temple, who says, "Hey Kells. You found something?"

"Yeah. When we responded to the call, this door was locked, so we thought...so we just pried the door open" Kelly says, leading Sam and Hank over to the metal door, "See these scratch marks?"

"Yeah" Hank says, as he and Sam look at the big scratch marks on the ground Kelly is pointing too.

"Whoever did this, when they exited, they jammed these metal wedges underneath the door" Kelly says, pointing to the metal wedges. Voight stands up and sighs and says, "Give me a second" then walks over to Chief Lugo.

"Can I ask you something?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Do you remember Asher Montgomgery from high school?"

Kelly scoffs and says, "Yeah. He was always a bit off"

"Yeah? I saw him on the street last week, working a case with Brayden and he said the same thing. But I mean, he was Justin's best friend, you think he would've noticed that right?"

"I don't know. You know he had a bad home life, we all did. His father was a gang member, his mother died because of it and we tried to distance ourselves when he started selling drugs. But then when Emma died, you know how bad he took it"