Twenty-Eight: what were you thinking...?

Start from the beginning

"Be-because I didn't want to show her I'm weak..." She stuttered, her eyes remaining focused on her hands.

"You're anything but weak..." I shook my head before looking back at Ben, the expression on his face dripping with guilt. "And you... You just let her?" I shrugged my shoulders with disappointment.

"I never thought she would do it man... I'm sorry." He said while putting up his hands in his defense. I know he was telling the truth but still, I thought he was smarter than that.

"And you didn't say anything either?" Mia addressed Jason who was pressing his lips into a straight line. The bastard was trying not to laugh. He clearly didn't realize how badly this could have ended.

"Come on guys, it was just a game... we didn't make her do anything, she chose to drink... What do you want me to say? I can't help it she's that stupid..." Jason lifted his hands with a smirk on his face. First, he hurts my sister, now he hurts my girl. The guy is dead! I jumped up leaving the bottle on the floor, taking long strides towards him but before I could put my hands around his neck Mia stepped in, her hands on my chest holding me back.

"Move Mia, I'm serious!" I hissed at her pushing her hands of me, knowing she wouldn't defend his ass if she knew the whole story.

"Let me deal with him Lukas, you take care of Bella, someone needs to take her home." She nodded at Bella trying to stand up from the couch, clearly wobbly on her feet, almost tripping over the bottle I left standing on the floor.

"Fine... I meant what I said earlier." I said referring to me telling Mia I for once like someone. I like her.

I walked over to Isabella before putting my arm around her waist, steadying her. "I'm taking you home." I whispered in her ear.

"Why I just got herrrrre." She whined before putting her arms around my neck as she snuggled her face against my chest. I can't really be mad at her, she's too freaking cute. "I want to dance Lukas! With you!" She looked up, pouting her bottom lip, giving me her best puppy face.

"Yeah yeah I know you do... But you can barely stand." I remark as I pull her closer to me to lift her up from the floor carrying her to the stairs, her legs lifelessly dangling underneath her while her arms strongly held on to my neck. Her lips found the ink in my neck and she vigorously started kissing it. I'm fucked. "I'm taking you home, no arguing Snowflake."

"But whyyyy." She whined again before returning to the spot in my neck, kissing it once more.

"You don't want to be stuck in a frat house while you're drunk, looking like this. I would have to commit murder for you the next day and you wouldn't be okay with me going to jail because of you." I joked as I sat her down to her feet at the top of the stairs, but she didn't let go just yet as she sucked hard at the sensitive spot in my neck that had been already tingling by her kisses. My cock was already stone hard just by carrying her so close to me, add some kisses and sucking to the mix and there's no going back. "And stop doing that please, or I won't be able to keep my hands to myself." I whispered in her ear, my lips touching her earlobe.

"Who says I want you to keep them to yourself?" She whispered back before taking my earlobe between her teeth. The wetness from her lips sending chills down my spine. Fuck. If she keeps doing that I'll fucking detonate.

"My conscious tells me, because you are incredibly drunk." I said while putting some space between us, giving my cock a break not that it helped because my thoughts were already undressing her. I can't, not when she's hammered like this. I will not take advantage of her no matter how much I want her.

After helping her downstairs, which was quit the task, and pushing a dozen of people to the side we finally were outside the house. The fresh air hit Bella like a truck as I felt her almost passing out next to me.

"Come on, hop on my back, the car is parked around the corner." I rolled my eyes playfully as she looked at me like it was something she always wanted to do. Even though she was slipping away one minute she had too much energy the next as she powerfully hopped on my back, her arms tightly wrapped around my shoulders.

"Hop hop pony! To our ride!" She yelled childishly; happiness unmistakably present in her tone. I shook my head at her words. There goes my ego, right out of the window...

"Don't ever call me pony again..." As soon as the words escaped my mouth, I felt her head relax on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry Luke." She whispered before gently kissing my cheek. There was something at the pit of my stomach I haven't felt in a long time. I was happy. I'm truly happy and it's all because of her. It was then, I realized what I had been missing these past years while hooking up with random girls, it was a connection that was deeper than physical attraction. We both understood each other, like we had known each other for years.

When we got to my car, I helped her into the passenger seat. She tried attacking me again with her little kisses and it was driving me insane. Thank god she could detain herself once I was behind the wheel because it would have taken all my willpower and concentration not to pull over. Her head was leaning against the window, her eyes focused on the numerous streetlights passing by as I was taking her to my place which it was closer to the frat house than hers.

"How are you holding up? Not feeling too sick?" I said softly while staring at her profile. She really is stunning from every angle.

"I'm fine." She smiled, looking at me with the most innocent gaze on her face until she bit her lip as her eyes traveled over the tattoos on my arm all the way to the ones on my fingers. Never had a girl looked at me like that and it was sending chills all over body as I could see the longing radiate from her eyes, heating every inch of my skin.

We arrived at my place and I quickly parked the car in front of the building. "You shouldn't have drank that much, you know. You don't have too... It's not you." I whispered trying to be gentle, trying not to insult her.

"It's more me than you think..." She sighed, clearly annoyed by my remark but also hiding something from me.

"What do you mean?"

"Why do you care if I drink or not..." She hissed, trying to avoid my question and I was taken aback by her sudden change of mood.

"Bella, I'm not trying to insult you." I said shaking my head while frowning my brows at her, where is this coming from? She was so cheerful moments ago, charging at me with happy kisses. "Believe it or not but I care about you, that's why! And it would kill me to break the news to your parents that I did a shitty job at looking after you!" I unwillingly raised my voice. But how could she not know I cared for her that much. Haven't I proven that already or do I need to try even harder?

"Oh, spare yourself the effort... My parents don't care one bit about me... All they care about is drinking all day and all night long while beating the shit out of me if I don't breathe or talk the way they want me to..." She yelled furiously, bitterness at the back of her throat as tears welled up at the corners of her eyes.

Her hand clenched around the door handle as she pushed open the door taking long strides towards the entrance of my building, obviously still wobbly on her feet. What the hell did she just say? What? Shit! FUCK!!

***

✌🏼Hi Guys! Told you I wouldn't let you wait too long for another update. Hope you're not to disappointed that noting too bad happened, like Olivia poking out Bella's eyes or something like that, or worse Bella kissing someone else, but I feel Lukas and Bella deserve a bit of happy time at least happy without other guys making him jealous. And there still so much to come so be prepared!

💕 Leave me your thought! I enjoy them so much!

⬇️ Don't forget to vote I you liked it

***