Chapter 30: Burned out hope

Her dark blue hair sprawled on the soft white bed as she breathed evenly. She had a little frown on her face as if she wasn't satisfied with something. Her head was wrapped around with a bandage. Her knees and ankles were bandaged too.

The crimson haired man stood by the bed and stared at the blue haired asleep woman on the bed. He felt like he could stare at her for the rest of his life.

But he also knew it was just a ridiculous thought. The kind of thoughts that always comes to him whenever he meets this particular girl.

It didn't matter where or when. Back then and even now, whenever he sees her, he always feels like he could stare and watch over her for the rest of his life.

The red haired man had a bandage wrapped around his forehead. When he raised his arm a little to touch it, he winced in pain. Not on his forehead but in his arms. His arms must have hurt too when he literally thrown himself over the girl, to save her.

He chuckled lightly on his own.

The Akashi Seijuro who is literally incapable of taking rash and thoughtless decisions just displayed his moment of weakness and his only reason for weakness in front of a whole ballroom filled with people. If that wasn't funny enough for him, he didn't know what was.

He didn't care though.

He saved her. She was safe. That's what mattered to him. That's the only thing mattered to him.

But he had more important things to think about too.

The chandelier.

It wasn't just a mere accident. Such an accident shouldn't have occurred in a party hosted by Akashi himself. It was just impossible.

Akashi stood by the bed for some minutes, his mind drifting off to many things that could possibly led him to a conclusion. But for the first time he felt like he was at his wit's end. Just thinking of the fact that there was someone out there who was trying to harm Ena, made his fist clench tightly. But he didn't let his anger and frustration take over him as he clearly knew that it would cloud his judgement and then he wouldn't be able to find the real culprit quickly. He inhaled deeply.

"I think I need some sleep." He said in a exasperated voice, raking his long fingers through his red spiky hair.

He stared at the dark blue haired girl on the bed for some time, smiled on his own then slowly walked out of the room.

_

I was slowly opened my eyes and what instantly blinded my eyesight was the bright sunlight coming through the large window.

Instinctively, I looked around and the room and the furniture was oddly familiar.

I was laying on a huge king size bed, the walls were painted creamy white, the furniture were of minimalistic design yet very traditionally elegant. The heavy sky blue and golden colored curtains on the windows complimented the decoration of the room in a fashionable way.

I narrowed my eyes.

And everything in this room was oddly familiar.

I got up from my slumber and sat there. A splitting pain shoot up my head as if it would slice my brain into million pieces. I closed my head for a moment.

What in the world happened?

As soon as a voice spoke out that question inside my head, everything from the previous night came rushing back into me. All the answers.

I looked up hearing the squeaking noise and the gigantic chandelier was nearing face.

"ENA MOVE!!"