Chapter 14: Memory lane

"Hey!" I yelled loudly as I ran as fast as I could. "Hey, you redhead!!"

The redhead halted in his tracks and just like the retarded moron I was, I couldn't stop in my tracks in time and almost bumped him from behind. Did you think I bumped him successfully? No, of course not. This was Akashi Seijuro we're talking about. He saw everything like he always does and I don't know how because I was behind him, but he still noticed that I couldn't stop my running so he moved away from my path and I fell. I fell face first on the hard, cold floor.

'Jerk...' I thought.

"What do you want?" He asked me coldly just like he always does. Nothing has changed since my first, not so impressive encounter with him on my first day at school. He was cold, rude and intimidating.

I got up and dusted off my light gray skirt. "You... You forgot your pen." I took out a black pen from my skirt pocket.

He glanced at the pen in my hand and looked at me like I was some sort of idiot. "It's not mine."

"Not yours?" I asked, confused checking the black pen closely.

"Even if it was mine, it's quite stupid to return an empty pen to return someone."

"Empty?"

He pointed at the pen in my hand. "It ran out of ink."

I looked at him incredulously. "How do you even know if it has any ink or not?" I started observing the pen thoroughly. I heard an exasperated sigh.

"Go to your class." He ordered like he always did. "I already wasted enough time with you."

He started to walk away and I panicked. I quickly walked up to him before he got away from me.

If you think I ran a whole block just to return a silly pen, then you're totally wrong. If you think I had a crush on his red-blockhead and wanted a chance just to talk to him, then you're wrong again. I had other purposes in my mind as I caught up to him quickly.

"Hey," I breathed. "... um, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"I figured." He said without even looking at me and kept walking. I kept walking with him too.

"You see, I'm interested to be a member of the student council." I said carefully. "And as you're the president of the SC I thought you'd help me with all the formalities since I'm new."

If you think I'm one of those prude honorary students who wanted to be involved in all kinds of extra curricular activities and aimed to be the valedictorian at the end of the year, then you're completely wrong. Again.

Sure, I was a diligent student and had good marks in almost all the subjects, but that was also not the reason.

I just wanted to spend as much time as possible in school instead of that hell of a house. That one place I dread to go back all the time.

He stopped in his tracks and I thanked the heavens. He seemed to finally listen to what I had to say. He looked at me and his scrutinizing heterochromatic eyes stared right into my blue ones. As if his stare pierced right into my soul.

"There's no post valid for you in the council right now. But as you're one of the top students of the class so I'll keep your request in mind." He stated as a matter of fact.

'No! That's no good!!' I screamed internally. I wanted to do something so badly. Every single day, all I got to do was come to school, study, then go back to that hell of a house and the rest was the old story with Shinosuke.

"There's not even one single post empty right now?" I asked him with desperate eyes. "You're the president of the council, right? Can't you manage something?"

He looked at me for some time as if searching my face for something. "No."

"Please," I requested so desperately that even I got surprised internally. "I am desperate. I'm okay with any post... I just wanted to be a part of the SC."

For the first time, he looked at me curiously. Maybe my unnatural desperation finally peaked his interest. "Why do you want to be a member of the student council so badly?"

I looked down at my feet avoiding his piercing gaze. I couldn't possibly tell him about my situation so I had to come up with a good lie. A believable one at that.

"I...just want to be a part of something in my new school." I gulped and continue. "Some of my classmates said that I had to be a member of at least one club and if not then at least the student council. None of the club peaked my interest, so I wanted to join the SC."

He stared at me as I turned into a fidgety mess. I don't know why but this guy always gave off a weird feeling. I wasn't usually like this with others; I hardly become nervous. But Akashi was a whole different case. And the scary reputation I heard about him around the school didn't help my situation with him either.

"Okay." He stated after a while and I almost jumped in joy. "But,"

I looked at him grinning ear to ear. "But?"

"But as I said there's no post available in the council right now, so, you have to work under me as my assistant if you really want to join the council."

I stood there stunned hearing his offer. I had to work right 'under' him like some sort of personal assistant?! I stood there silent staring at the floor and thought about all the possibilities with a clear mind.

I couldn't be a member of any club since I was hardly good at anything including sports. My only chance was the student council. If I could be a part of the council even if it was being Akashi Seijuro's assistant aka personal slave then I'll have a lot of works to do at school. Meaning I could spend more of my time here at school instead of the Kajanoka household.

"Okay." I looked up and met his blank heterochromatic orbs. "I agree."

"Good." He said firmly. "Meet me after school at the main council room and you'll have to fill up some forms there."

"Cool." I said and bowed to him thankfully. He might be a jerk to me but in a very odd way he was my savior at the end of the day. "See you later then. I hope there will be lot of works."

He looked at me bemused. "Oh, don't worry about works, Ena." I felt a weird sensation hearing my name from his mouth. "There will be loads."

I grinned. "Okay then."

I waved at him and ran to my next class. If I turned back only once before entering in my class, then I would've seen him standing at the same spot staring at me.

_

A/N: OH MY! OH MY! OH MY! YOU GUYS ACTUALLY DID IT!!! THIS STORY FINALLY REACHED FREAKING 1.3K!! I LITERALLY DON'T HAVE ANY WORDS THAT WILL DESCRIBE WHAT I'M FEELING RIGHT NOW!!! REALLY, YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! ♡♡ THANK YOU FOR ALL THOSE SWEET COMMENTS THAT CHEERS ME WHENEVER I READ THEM. YOU GUYS MANAGE TO LIFT UP MY MOOD WHENEVER I'M DOWN. THANK YOU FOR ALL THOSE PRECIOUS VOTES. THEY REALLY MEAN THE WORLD TO ME >___<

Now, I should stop the caps lock thingy. Getting pretty annoying     -__-

Since it's a journey through Ena's memory lane, I intended to make it a short one from the very begining. Don't be upset, kay? *offers chips*.

Edited.

||By my leave||