Chapter 22: A visit from the past

[Rewritten]

"What have I done?" Akashi whispered.

The head butler of the Akashi household- Michaels, stood before Akashi's table and sighed heavily. The fifty five years old, gray haired man observed his shattered young master with melancholic brown eyes.

It had been more than one month since the couple had divorced; something he thought would never occur happen in his lifetime. He witnessed before his very own eyes how the little boy he raised and nurtured for the last twenty years made those unbelievably brave decisions for the sake of his woman even when he knew it would destroy both of them and fell into the gaping pit of destruction.

And he didn't have the power to stop him. Because it was the only way to save Ena. He had to see a girl like her leave this household with tearful eyes and a broken heart.

"What have I done, Michaels?" Akashi mumbled for the second time. His widened red eyes were on a certain video clip on his laptop. By this moment, his hand started to shake ever so slightly.

'The only girl who can shaken young master like this...' Michaels thought sadly.

"You did what needed to be done, young master." The head Butler said softly. "You know it was the only way to save her."

Akashi's two hands grabbed the sides of his heads hard as his eyes were lost.

Not the match against Seirin in the Winter cup finals, but for the first time in his life, he suddenly felt like he had tasted the real defeat. He was lost.

Lost against his own father.

"Michaels, what have I done to her?" The pain he felt was so unbearable that he even forgot how to shed tears. “Did I really do the right thing?”

"You took the right decision but you hurt her way too much in the process, young master." After a painful silence, Michaels finally faced him with the cruel truth. "You could have parted with her without hurting her like that."

Akashi just looked at him with his lost crimson eyes. His hands felt clammy, his insides felt cold and his head felt empty. Everything he felt was for the first time in his entire life.

"That was the only otherwise she wouldn't have left me but, but how could I do this to her..." At this point, it didn't even sound like a question, not even to himself, anymore. He knew already what he did to her.

He made a mistake. A horrible mistake. He let her go for her own sake but now he lost track of her. He didn't know where in the world she was or if she was even alive. Now, just like all other precious persons in his life, he lost her too. She was lost. All because of him.

"You know what you got to do, young master. You have to find her." Michaels stated firmly. "Find her, young master. What I believe is that, it's still not too late."

"Do you think so, Michaels?" Akashi asked desperately. For a split second, Michaels was reminded of the little Akashi. The ten years old Akashi, who just lost her mother, his only strength. His little self couldn't stop weeping and hiccupping. His desperation and pain was coming out in disguise of tears.

Only now, he wasn't crying. He didn't even have the strength to cry now.

He knew what he destroyed.

"You know you did wrong but it was for her own sake. At least that should give you the courage to find her and explain everything to her. I'm sure Ena would understand your situation more than anyone." Michaels uttered softly with fatherly affection. "That you couldn't go against your father."

Akashi's red orbs again found their ways towards the screen of the laptop. He saw a familiar unconscious dark blue haired girl. He heard some distant and unfamiliar voices. He then saw a man. He saw him taking pictures with the unconscious girl. Then he heard some laughing.

He knew everything from the very beginning. It was never a question of trust. He always believed in Ena.

He looked at the papers he threw away earlier. The report of the money transfer from his accounts without his permission was proven fake.

He knew whose scheme it was from the very beginning.

He knew how ruthless his father could get. And when he would finally strike he might not be able to save Ena anymore. So he played right into his hand. And pushed Ena out of his life just like his father wanted.

Now that she was away from his sight he started to question his decision. Was he right to kick her out of the house? Where would she go now? He knew she had no where to go...

He could've explained everything to her before taking this decision. She deserved the truth at least no matter how merciless and bitter it was. And knowing Ena, she must've preferred knowing the real truth over everything else.

'Did I ever love her? Did I ever returned the love she gave me all this time...'

In the end it was a matter of trust. He didn't trust her. He couldn't trust her with the truth. He cowered away from his father and played right into his hand. He thought he was saving her but what he did is just inflict pain in her mind, hurt her in all the ways possible.

All because he was scared. He couldn't trust her with the truth.

He couldn't put his faith in them. In their love.

He suddenly felt weak. Weak and alone. A foreign feeling. Something he felt after so many years.

*** *** ***

The silent, empty room before his eyes held nothing but their old memories together. Those days he spent with her were filled with nothing but pure happiness and joy. Each and everyday he spent with her brought him warmth and smile.

Now those old happy memories will haunt him even in the daylights.

Right after he literally kicked her out of the house, his father instructed all the servants of the Akashi household to remove all of her belongings from the mansion. Now there was not a single sign of her remained in this enormous house.

Akashi heaved a deep sigh. All his efforts to find her didn't see the face of success. He couldn't find her, anywhere. There was no trace of her whereabouts as if she never even existed in this sinful world the first place.

His father was beyond jubilant when he came to know about their divorce. Akashi knew he would be, after all he was the one behind all this.

Akashi didn't confront him though. Not yet.

He wasn't planning to let him off the hook just because he was his father, he was just going according to his plan to get him away from his path for the rest of his life. He was done being controlled.

He slowly walked out of the empty room with solemn and numb mind.

There was nothing he could do anymore to redeem his sins. Because he already lost her.

_

Rewritten A/N: I just rewrote this chapter from the scratch. Because the events of this chapter was contradicting the main plot of the story. If you've read this chapter before rewriting, you know what I'm talking about and what I've changed in here. If this is your first time reading it then you've nothing to worry. And if you've read this chapter before but don't remember it (like me!), then you have nothing to worry about either. You're good to go.

I think I've explained everything.

Edited.

💜 Vote. Comment. Share. 💜