Chapter 28: Careful

Maybe it was the time when my fate decided to wonder why I was still standing in one piece and not going through any kind of emotional turmoil. Because I think my nightmare had just started the moment when I saw six people with bright colorful hair making an entrance into the gigantic hall.

"Oh, look, it's Akashi's friends," A girl beside me whispered in awe to her friend. They started squealing. "Generation of Miracles!"

I subtly ducked my head a little so that I could avoid their gaze which seemed to roam around the room, looking for their crimson haired captain probably. They were looking like celebrities in this room filled with elegantly dressed people.

And my ex husband appeared soon, with his lovely girlfriend by his side.

I saw Aomine with his midnight blue hair which looked a bit shorter than I last saw him- which was years ago -wearing a black shirt with dark blue jeans. He didn't have his usual bored, annoyed look on his face, which was a good thing.
Momoi was beside him, with all smiles, as lovely as she always had been, wearing a magenta V necked dress and heels, making her look a bit taller than she actually was.
Murasakibara looked bored to death as always as he stood the tallest among the tall basketball players. I smiled slightly when I didn't saw any kind of food with him, especially pokey. Must be hard for him. He wore a light purple shirt with black jeans.
I saw Midorima, pushed his usual square shaped glasses up his nose bridge as he looked around himself emotionless. He wore a olive green striped shirt under his black formal blazer.
And then there was Kise, wearing a blue and yellow striped sweater under his white jacket, and like the high profile model he was, he stood out the most with his casual yet fashionable choice of clothes and well... loud whining.

I couldn't hear them from where I stood. I just observed all of them silently with no emotion in my eyes. It's not like I had never thought of them after I left Akashi, because they were my friends too, really good friends, but seeing them in person, stirred up so many feelings and memories inside me that I blanked out for a moment there.

Like how we all used to hang out after the Winter Cup ended. How all of them came to our wedding. How all of them used to come to the Akashi's Mansion whenever Akashi summoned them.

I saw Akashi converse with them with a smile on his face and after a moment of staring at him, I realized that, he was truly smiling unlike the time through out the party.

And seeing him smile, I smiled unconsciously too. Just like before.

"Are they your friends too?" A familiar voice beside me asked.

"Was." I answered without looking, knowing that it was Shu.

"Why don't you go talk to them?" Shu said monotonous.

"And practically earn the title of the most awkward queen of the century, and not to mention, divorced too? No thanks." I said sweetly smiling, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

Shu just smiled and raised his hands playfully.

"Are you feeling nostalgic, Ena-san?" A voice behind us said suddenly.

It was so out of the blue and the voice was so eerily familiar, I jumped. Shu looked behind surprisingly.

And we met with a pair of teal blue emotionless eyes.

"Kuroko! You surprised me!" I exclaimed as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Why? Did you think I wouldn't accompany them?" He embraced me back without any hesitation. His embrace was warm and it was comforting in this cold night.

"I wasn't sure."

"I would go anywhere if I know you'd be there." He stared staring into my eyes.