Chapter 4: And now here I am

I pushed the glass door of ‘Sherry's Café’ as I let myself inside. As soon as I entered, a heartwarming feeling engulfed me fully, a homely kind of feeling. I didn't understand why as it was only my second time coming to the cafe. It just had such a warm and friendly vibe around that I guess I couldn't help myself. It was 7:00 am in the morning and the cafe opened at 7:30 so the café had no customers except the workers. I looked around. It was weird seeing an always-overcrowded restaurant almost empty.

I spotted Mrs. Nakamoto and the workers around the counter. I quickly marched towards them.

"Am I late?" I asked Mrs. Nakamoto nervously. I was pretty sure that I wasn't, but seeing all the staff at the same time made me wonder.

"Oh, no." Mrs. Nakamoto gave me a light smile. "In fact you came at the perfect time. We will open the shop after a while."

I nodded in relief as I ran my fingers through my short dark blue hair in relief. Then I glanced at the workers who were looking at my direction curiously. Suddenly I became a bit self conscious.

"Oh, I almost forgot to introduce you to the others." Mrs. Nakamoto chuckled, finding her own forgetfulness humorous. "Everyone, this is Ena. She will be working alongside you from now on. Please introduce yourselves and be nice and helpful to her." She stated, looking at the others.

I really didn't know what sort of formality was needed in this kind of situation. As I told you before I've never been in this kind of before.

I glimpsed at the people standing in front of me who were giving me curious glances. I shifted awkwardly and bowed politely. “Hello, I'm Ena. It's a pleasure meeting all of you.”

"Hello, Ena-chan!" The orange haired girl I met the other day said enthusiastically. "I'm Tsunada Nishikora. You can call me Tsunada. It's really, really nice to meet you and have you at our café!"

I smiled. "I hope we can get along, Tsunada-san."

"We definitely will!" She gave me a thumbs up gleefully.

A brown haired and green eyed boy stepped forward with a flirtatious smile on his face. "The name's Kajuma Okajaki. It's a pleasure to meet a charming and a pretty girl as you, Ena-chan."

I giggled at his flirting. "Is that your way of flirting, Okajaki-kun?"

He raised his brows in amusement. "Don't know. Is that working?"

"Nope. Not at all."

"An honest girl, I see." He smiled. "Well, if you ever have any problems besides Tsunada's continuous babbling, feel free to come to me. Oh, and call me Kajuma."

Tsunada glared at Kajuma. "What do you mean by that!?"

I laughed. "Thank you, Kajuma-kun."

"What are you thanking him for?!"

I laughed again. It's been a while since I've laughed like this whole-heartedly. I noticed everyone turned their gazes to a particular black haired boy with blue eyes at the corner. He had his earphones on so I guess he didn't listen to our conversation until now. And I noticed everyone staring at him a bit wary as if they were scared of him. Tsunada decided to tell him to introduce himself to me before he spoke.

"My name is Shu Denver." He said in an icy voice, then walked away from us. I looked at the others. Everyone gave me a shrug.

"He's always like that. Don't worry about him." Kajuma gave me an apologetic but friendly smile.

"I don't mind." I smiled back. "Trust me, I've seen worse." I mumbled the last part to myself.

"Did you say something?"