Ch. 51 - Help With History

Start from the beginning

She'd breezed through English and Math pretty quickly, and was stuck on Modern Literature for a little bit before managing to pull through.

It was History she was really having trouble with.

Hitomi reread the question for the sixth time before throwing her pencil on the desk, rubbing her hands through her hair in frustration.

"Why does Midnight always pick such hard questions?" she groaned.

Her head dropped onto her workbook, Hitomi whining over how much trouble this was giving her. Her mind was too cloudy, unable to think clearly and come up with an answer.

She needed help.

Her phone was dead because she forgot to charge it, so she couldn't text anyone for the answer, and she would've used her computer to look it up, but her Wi-Fi connection was being janky and she would have to ask her brother Kinkata about that tomorrow.

Meaning she had to get up and out of her room if she wanted help.

Hitomi sifted through the people on her floor in her mind. Mina was probably still doing her homework, being one who tended to procrastinate. Uraraka was downstairs with Midoriya and the others, and if she asked Kirishima, they'd get off track, getting distracted talking about something else. She also hated to admit it, but she didn't think his answer would be right for the question that was giving her this much trouble. She wasn't familiar enough with Shouji to ask him, and she'd feel awkward, so that left...

Bakugou.

He has really good grades, so even if he's on house arrest, he'd definitely know the right answer.

Hitomi got up from her chair, holding her History workbook close to her as she made her way to his room.

He would get straight to the point too, so he's the best choice.

Hitomi stood in front of his door, intimidated. For some reason the idea of being in his room made her heart race-

Wait a minute...!!

You're just asking him about an answer for the history homework, it's not as if you're gonna be studying in his room with him!!

Hitomi shook her head, taking a deep breath before knocking on his door. She waited for a few moments before she heard footsteps approaching, the door suddenly swinging open.

Bakugou was standing in the doorway, his hair slightly damp with a towel around his neck. He smelled as if he'd just taken a shower-

Hitomi, what the fuck are you thinking?!

She was at a loss for words, giving him a blank stare

"Whaddya want?!" Bakugou growled, snapping her out of her reverie.

"Ah-!" Hitomi blushed, looking away as she clutched her workbook. "I- I just wanted to ask you about the homework..."

Bakugou scowled at her

Bakugou scowled at her. "Hah? I'm under house arrest, I don't know what the homework is."

"Uh- well, I mean- it's for history, so I was hoping you'd already know what the answer was since you're really smart..." she trailed off, staring at her workbook before Bakugou suddenly grabbed it, flipping through the pages.

"Well, first of all, a lot of these answers from today are wrong."

"Hey-!"

"How could you do this bad?" Bakugou snarked.

"I had to learn two completely different countries' histories, leave me alone!"

Bakugou scoffed, turning to head back into his room with Hitomi's workbook. He sat down at the table in the middle of the room, staring at her as she stood frozen in front of the doorway.

"Well? Are you just gonna stand there?"