Ch. 38 - Your Science-Obsessed Nerdy Brain

A/N: A month.

Hitomi's room took me a whole freaking month of working on and off again.

Thank god it's finally done. TvT

----------

Hitomi fidgeted as she stood in front of her new bedroom door, trying to stall from revealing her room to the class

Hitomi fidgeted as she stood in front of her new bedroom door, trying to stall from revealing her room to the class. They had decided to have a competition to see who had the best interior design out of 1-A, showcasing their bedrooms to decide the "Room King". Now, it was Hitomi's turn to present her room.

"Come on, Hitomi!" Mina chanted. "Show us!"

"I know!" Hitomi said, her hand finally reaching for the doorknob. "It's just embarrassing..."

She opened the door, letting everyone inside as she stared at the wall. Her classmates made sounds of awe as they looked around her room, Uraraka approaching the large constellation chart taped by her bed.

"Amazing! It has way more constellations than the one in my room!"

Kaminari smiled from his place by the door, seeing the large Pikachu plushie he'd gotten for Hitomi's birthday sitting on her bed. "Hey, you brought my gift here! I was afraid you wouldn't have liked it..."

"Oh! I, uh... I like to cuddle things in my sleep..." Hitomi stuttered, feeling her cheeks redden.

She heard Midoriya make a sound of excitement by her desk, prompting her to turn around and see the green-haired boy fawning over her desktop computer.

"Wow! I've never seen one like this before; it must be crazy powerful! Kanetsukabe-san, where'd you get this?!"

Hitomi scratched her head as she made a small laugh. "My brother actually built that for me for my birthday last year. He wanted me to have a good computer that could run all the games he made."

Kaminari turned to stare at the bookshelf placed by her dresser, skimming over the titles of all the books.

"You sure have a lot of science books, Hitomi."

Hitomi felt herself blush as Kirishima, Mina, and Sero all moved in to take a closer look.

"The Elegant Universe, Physics of the Impossible, The Poisoner's Handbook," Kirishima read. "Hitomi, these all sound really sophisticated!"

Hitomi twirled a piece of her hair as she looked away. "I've always kind of liked science since I was little. My favorite is astronomy, but chemistry and physics are tied for a close second..."

"Now that I think about it, your room really does have a science-y theme..." Kirishima pointed out, referring to the galaxy inspired blanket spread out on her bed and the various science-related knickknacks and objects spread throughout her room. "It's nice, Hitomi!"