Ch. 2 - A Letter From All Might

A/N: Hey guys! I'm uploading this on a Friday, which means that hopefully I can draw up pictures for the upcoming chapters over the weekend. That's really all for this author's note.

----------

It had been three weeks since the entrance exam.

Hitomi scoffed as she finished thumbing through the mail from that morning, the lack of a UA logo starting to piss her off.

She threw the stack of letters onto the kitchen table, grabbing her phone to head back upstairs to her room.

Her mother looked at her as she walked past.

"Still nothing?"

"No... you'd think a high and mighty institution like UA would at least send a rejection letter, but no. I guess they can't even do that."

"You... you can always go to another school."

"I know... it's just frustrating I spent all that time training and preparing and UA doesn't even have the guts to tell me they don't want me. Do they do that to all the students who don't pass...?"

Hitomi's mother tried to give her daughter a reassuring smile. "I'm sure they don't. Maybe it just takes a while for the letter to arrive?"

"That letter was supposed to come two weeks ago!"

Hitomi sighed, stopping at the bottom of the staircase. "...it doesn't matter. I'll just file for a transfer to Nari's school, they'll definitely have a hero course there. At least then there'll be someone I know there."

"Hitomi..."

"I'm going upstairs to read up on Nari's school. Just have Toku call me when dinner's ready or something."

As she walked up the stairs, Hitomi's jaw clenched. She knew she shouldn't have been so cross with her mother; it wasn't even her fault. But she couldn't help but be so unbelievably frustrated about the silence she was getting from UA. Even if she was rejected, she would have at least liked to have known her score.

Apparently UA wasn't even going to give that to her.

----------

It had been a few hours since Hitomi had checked the mail, but the tranquility of her room was interrupted by her younger brother slamming the door open.

"HITOMI!"

She swiveled around in her desk chair, ire in her voice as she spoke. "Would you please stop slamming my door open?! You're going to make a dent in my wall if you haven't done that already!"

"Yeah, whatever," he panted, leaning against the doorframe to catch his breath. "Jeez, you in a bad mood or something? You've got- Mom sent me up to get this to you."

He held out an envelope with an emblazoned wax seal on the front.

It was from UA.

Hitomi's eyes widened, getting up from her seat. She gingerly picked up the envelope, holding it as if it would crumble in her hands as she sat back down slowly at her desk.

"Mom says to come down after you open it; dinner's ready."

"Yeah, yeah, of course." Hitomi seemed as if she was off in her own world, not noticing Toku as he left the room and the door clicked shut.

All she could do was stare.

She almost didn't want to open it, spiteful of the fact UA had taken so long just to send her rejection letter.