Ch. 63 - The Sight By the Sea

A/N: Sometimes looking back at your old writing is just "damn bitch, you wrote this? 😳" or "damn bitch, you wrote this? 😐"

Let's just say this chapter's a bit more of the latter than the former dkhgksjgh

BTW double-update today!! Keep a lookout for the next chapter in a few hours ❤️✨

----------

Hitomi woke up to realize her head was resting on Todoroki's shoulder, the boy still asleep. She jolted back, embarrassed that she'd fallen asleep on him.

She looked to see the rest of the "Dekusquad" was asleep, their soft snores barely heard over the roar of the jet engine. Hitomi smiled at the sight of Uraraka sleeping on Midoriya's shoulder, the freckled boy's head resting on top of hers.

It had been about two and a half hours since Hitomi had left the Bakusquad, finally cooled off from her embarrassment. For the most part.

Hitomi tensed, staring at her hands in her lap as her mind flashed back to what she'd done to Bakugou. She slapped her hands over her face with a squeak, feeling her cheeks heat up underneath her palms.

He probably thought that was so, so gross.

Hitomi's fingers curled in as she stared down at her shoes, biting her lip.

I have to apologize to him... properly.

But... I also need some time first. To... mentally prepare myself.

Hitomi was still trying to avoid Bakugou in the first place, anyway. She'd apologize, and then she'd steer clear for the rest of the trip. Recovering from something as cringeworthy as that deserved as much.

With a sigh, Hitomi pulled her phone and earbuds out, opening a movie she'd downloaded before they'd left.

Might as well kill time until we get there.

----------

Hitomi followed Uraraka off the plane, giving her arms and legs a stretch. The class had finally landed in Manila, the humid climate being a breath of fresh air after a long flight.

"Everyone, listen up!" Nix called out to the class, adjusting her hat. Having an ice-based quirk, their chaperone needed the proper clothing for the islands' warmer weather. "Yaoyorozu's family limo will be taking us to the beach house, and it'll be here in a few minutes. Make sure you've got all your luggage, because it's gonna be a long drive to go back if you forget something."

"It takes about an hour or two, since the house is all the way in Batangas," Yaoyorozu clarified.

Hitomi sighed as she rolled her shoulders, pausing when she heard Mina's voice.

"Hitomi!!"

She turned around to find the pink girl approaching her, a worried expression on her face.

"What is it, Mina?"

"Um..." Mina twiddled her fingers, looking apologetic. "I'm sorry for what I said earlier on the plane... I didn't mean to embarrass you, or anything...! I was just joking around. I get it if you're mad at me, though."

Hitomi stared at her friend, watching as she continued to fidget sheepishly. She looked genuinely sorry, making Hitomi decide to cut her some slack.

"...It's okay. I'm not mad."

Just dying from embarrassment on the inside, she thought with a grimace.

Mina looked back at Hitomi, a hopeful look in her eyes. "You're not? You don't have to say that just to make me feel better, you can tell me if I'm bothering you!"