Reward and Request

Izumi stared at the garbs strewn across her bed with wide eyed appreciation. The gown was gorgeous, soft glorious silks with threading that glittered. The emerald color was accented by whites and golds, the corset strung with string that looked like strewn gold. The skirt was flowy and light like a cloud.

"Oh my... this is lovely." She glanced up at Iida who stood in the doorway. "They really want me to wear this?"

"It's a party to celebrate your victory. Naturally the guest of honor must look the part." Iida told her and stepped to the side so the maids could help her dress. "I shall leave you to change, My Lady." He bowed and exited the room.

Izumi watched him leave. Her hands, still bandaged, clutch at her heart as she replayed the events of the final fight in her mind. She won, she'd beaten Shoto in a one on one fight... so why did she have this uneasiness in her heart.

"Let us show you your true strength."

"That voice..." she murmured softly as the maids stripped her down and helped her into the soft flowy fabrics. She'd never heard the voice before, had never seen the silhouette of the figures standing around her in her mind's eye... and yet when they spoke to her, filled her with energy... she had a sense of familiarity, and closeness. She'd have to speak with Sir Might about this. If what she believed was true, then she'd seen his ancestors and the previous users of the magic that was now inside her.

She glanced at her desk where the journal lay. Over the past few weeks she'd only been able to translate a fourth of the journal's contents. What little she knew about her magic she'd read about... but Izumi had a feeling what she'd tapped into thus far was just the tip of the iceberg.

If she really was going to be Sir Might's successor she needed to learn all she could about this magic. Sir Might knew some, but she was sure there were secrets that even he didn't know... secrets that his ancestors possessed. Something told her those secrets didn't lay in the castle library. Where should she look, she wondered?

"Would one of you know where I could find Squire Toshinori?" Izumi glanced back at the maids and let out an oof as she was made to sit and a brush ran through her hair.

"He's awaiting you at the party, my lady. He shall accompany you, should you need him." The young maid explained.

"Why does everyone keep calling me, My Lady? I'm not-"

"You won the tournament, and in accordance with the rules shall receive title and land." She explained. "You're the first woman to have ever earned such an honor without the need of marriage."

Izumi went a bit blue in the face.

"I didn't do it for the title."

"Yet you still received it. You are now a woman of high class, My lady... and as such." The women parted from her so she could see herself in the vanity mirror. Izumi eyed herself in the glass and her eyes went wide and brilliant. "You should be treated as one."

Izumi stood up and approached the glass touching it, not quite believing the reflection was her. She rarely wore her hair down and loose.. But the soft curls framed her face in a way that brought out all her femininity. The ladies had strewn flowers through the curls giving her an almost fairy like beauty and had her cheeks flushing with joy.

"I've always been so plain... yet I feel so... beautiful!" She did a slow spin smiling. "Thank you!"

"It was our pleasure, My Lady!" They bowed to her. "Please enjoy your celebration."

~Castle Ballroom~

"Stop laughing!" Bakugo shouted at his clansmen who were wheezing and laughing at their prince who'd been decked out in gentleman garb. Instead of bold reds and creams as Izumi had originally imagined, he wore all black but for a stark white tunic that frilled at the neckline and sleeves. That interfering and irritating mage girl had practically shoved these at him.