Rival's Grudge

"I don't care what his quirk is, he's the enemy and needs to be destroyed!" Bakugo smacked his fist against the top of Kirishima's head growling between his teeth.

"OW! OW! OW! Okay! Okay! Geez, I should have paired up with Sato when I had the chance." Kirishima muttered and adjusted his stance so Bakugo could lean heavier into him. They charged forward smacking into another team. Bakugo's tiny explosions startling the rider and making him tumble over.

"Only two minutes into the game and already three teams have been dismounted!" The Mic announced to the enthusiastic crowd. "With seven teams left on the field, who will come out on top do you think?" The Mic asked standing beside Aizawa who watched with his usual stoic expression.

"Prince Shoto is a clear choice, his abilities and leadership have been allowing him to fend off all the attacks directed his way. The Dagohban Prince has been merciless on the field, taking on every team that's come his way... but the surprise candidate, even though she landed in first in the previous round, is young Izumi Midoriya who dismounted two teams within the first few minutes of the competition."

"She's got great support," Mic agreed nodding his head to the young woman who guided her team by circling the cluster of opponents. "Lord Tokoyami was a front runner in last year's competition and seems to have faith in the young newbie."

"She also roped in Tetsutetsu from Coruscant which is a surprise as he's the right hand man for Lord Monoma. Many believed the two of them would be teamed together. As it turns out Monoma is leading his own cavalry and didn't have a problem finding followers."

"Well with magic like Monoma's I could see why many would choose him." Mic agreed watching as Monoma sat straight up and confident his entire body glowed as he wrapped his team up in a barrier.

"Reflect!" Monoma shouted, the black energy launched at him bouncing off and reverting to hit the opposing team. The leader and its followers all hit the ground and twitched in defeat.

"Only two teams left to dismount... " Tokoyami murmured. "It may be better to keep our distance for now Midoriya."

"I agree. I want to fight but that last encounter left me a little shaken. We gotta be smart about this- whoa!" She jerked forward as Tokoyami came to a halt suddenly. "What's wrong?" She looked up and her eyes slowly widened in realization as they were facing off against Todoroki's team. "Oh, I see."

"Iida use your speed," Todoroki ordered, his eyes fierce and focused on Izumi. "We'll need to gain momentum into our attack. Ojiro, Koda watch our sides and be prepared to defend our flank.

"Are you sure about this sire?" The young newbie said hesitantly. He'd been honored when the prince approached him, but extroverted what the guy saw in an average looking Joe with an ability he couldn't use on this field.

"Yes..." Todoroki assured his teammate and raised his left hand. "I want to see how strong her will really is."

"Hmmm he was sticking to defense until a moment ago. He must think very highly of you, Midoriya." Tokoyami commented and Izumi scowled.

"He's keeping his promise and taking me seriously...he's not gonna make this easy." She lifted the javelin up prepared to defend herself and her team. Tokoyami glanced back and up at Izumi eyeing her serious expression and intense focus. The more they battled, the more he was certain his first impression about her was right on the money.

Fumikage Tokoyami was a man who took duty and responsibility seriously. Since he'd been appointed first knight to Queen Kayama he'd obeyed every order and duty she'd instructed without flaw or hesitation. So when she'd approached him a month ago and asked him to participate in The Yueii Games he hadn't hesitated to agree.