Darkness Falls..

Tabitha Pov

( Tab-ith-ah )

Monday.

Waking up at 5:50 AM was a struggle. I picked out my outfit which consisted of combat boots, black fitted tee, a flannel and shorts.

The weather here is great, better than Nigeria. That's one thing that i would give the states. California weather is great.

I went to my vanity and started my make up. I don't cake my face but i did wear little eye liner & mascara.

I then curled my hair after that checking the time it was 6:50 AM I quickly put on my clothes grabbed my book bag and keys. Then went down stairs, " Good Morning Tabitha" My mother, Kahruchie ( Kah-ru-chee ) Said.

" Morning mother, father." I said kissing my father's cheek, " Morning daughter" My father, Kasin said. Grabbing a banana i quickly went out the door.

Then started my 15 minute walk to the hell hole most people call school. I do have a car but i just felt like walking. As i arrive i look straight up and make my way up to my locker.

" You need to go back to Africa, with ya dark ass." I ignored the comment. " I know you hear me girl" I see she's persistent. " And when i do go to Africa i hope to never see you there because i promise you you'd be one headless ass female, huh?" I smartly replied. Slamming my locker.

She just stood there looking dumbfounded. The day went on and i'm now in my speech class. This is my favorite class. It's like when i write i can be myself. And not have to worry about what anyone thinks.

" Okay class we are now doing a new project. I will be handing out topics and partnering you up. I don't want to hear no whines nor disagreements." Mis Davito ( Da-Vee-To ) said to the students.

" Great, partners.." I mumbled to myself instantly rolling my eyes.

David & Micah - Teen Pregnancy
Selena & Quan - Loyalty
Mark & Chris - Love
Dj & Monroe - Racial Profiling
Tabitha & Dimitri - Society's outlook on Beauty

" What ?! Why i gotta be paired with darkness falls? Mrs D. " Dimitri ( De-Me-Tree ) asks. As soon as he said that the whole classes filled with laughter.

Dimitri is the most arrogant self centered uneducated bafoon i ever seen in my life. He literally irks my soul every time he says anything.

"Work with it, and you now owe me detention & an apology to Mis.Alymarate" ( Al-Ma-Ra-Te ) Mrs.Davito says.

" I don't owe her shit" Dimitri said. I gathered all my things and stormed out the room. I went into the girl's bathroom and broke down.

I herd knocking on the door but i didn't care. I can't believe i let him get to me. Once my whimpers started to clam, i gather my books and made my way to the mirror.

Looking at my chocolaty skin just made me cry again. " You're pathetic Tabitha , Ugly Dark African. "

Darkness Falls. Replayed in my head walking out the bathroom. I felt someone grab my wrist. Looking who it is, anger filled my body.

I slapped his face leaving the brightest red mark on his, perfect light skin. He grabbed my neck and pinned me to the wall, choking me.

" Do it ''  I said gasping for air, waiting for him to finish me off.

He just furrowed his eyebrows and let me go. I picked up my belongings " Punk ass " I spat at him and stormed away.

Sitting at my assigned seat. A girl that sits next to me asked " What happened to you're neck Tabitha?"I was taken back, no body asks about me or how i am nor how I'm feeling but i said nothing.

" You know, you're not that dark to the point where i can't see an obvious red mark on you're neck. " The girl said which caused me to turn to her.

" Just save it. I don't reach societies level of beauty so i don't need you're sympathy. Not like you weren't laughing right along with them." I said looking down rolling my eyes

" I wasn't, and don't talk like that. You're very beautiful, & I'm quite jealous of you rich reddish brown color. " She says smiling trying to lighten the mood.

" & why is that? " I asked turning around.

" Because my whole family is more tan and I'm very pale i hate being called " the whitey ". But it's okay because i know I'm beautiful & i make it work. Maybe you should start having that mentality." And with that the bell rang signaling school was over.

" Wait , can i ask you're name? And can i have you're number ?" I asked shyly looking at my fingers.

" Yeah sure, and it's Marisol " She say's handing my phone back to me. " I'll see you around girly" And with that she was gone.

" Miss Alymarate, I'll make an exception and trade partner's, with Mari- No, Mrs.Davito i got it this time." I said , cutting Mrs.Davito off.

I parted from the school 10 minutes into my walk there was a sports car beside me. I turned to look who it was and i just shook my head and increased my pace.

" Tabitha, please.. I'm not gonna hurt you.. can i at least give you a ride" Dimitri pleaded but i ignored him and walked up to the steps of my home. Before walking into my house i flipped him off.

Going straight into my bathroom i grabbed all 23 bottles of bleaching creams from Africa and headed to the garbage. Thank god my mother wasn't here if she would of seen these i would of died.

i dumped them in the garbage covering them up. " Maybe you should start having that mentality "

I shall.