Chapter 11: Banana Bus Squad

Moo's POV

It didn't take the girl long to fall asleep. We waited until her medication kicked in and her eyes closed to make sure she wouldn't attempt an escape. Marcel and I walked downstairs afterward and alerted the group of her stability.

"This is all Delirious's fault! He didn't make sure she was dead!" Screeched Wildcat. Delirious stood up, fuming. "MY FAULT! That hoochie lady was as good as dead until Mini made the building explode!"

"I was doing my job. So what if the bomb hit the wall? If anything it was Wildcat's fault! He threw off my aim by smacking my arm!"

"Hey! I volunteered to kill the bitch!-" Daithi stood up demanding everyone to shut up. "It's my fault!" He exclaimed.

"I wasn't careful when (Y/n) smacked into me! I should've checked if she was dead. My second mistake was letting her catch me off guard when I was gonna shoot her! Don't yell at each other!" Everyone stayed quiet.

Vanoss stood and shook his head. "We've all made mistakes. Now we need to work together to think of what we will do with Bryce's favorite worker." No one bothered piping up or made a sound. "I say we befriend her. Maybe invite her to the gang." I instantly regret the decision of voicing my opinion, everyone starts screaming.

"SHUCH UP!" Delirious yells, pointing to the stairway. "She's asleep remember!"

The group stares at me in silence, waiting for me to apologize. "She can be helpful. You heard yourself, she likes the kid! Maybe we can ask (Y/a/n) to be (Y/n)'s bodyguard and protector. That way, we have a dangerous criminal who has succeeded in most of her jobs to protect the girl, while we continue doing our work. We don't have to worry about (Y/n) blabbering Daithi's secret to everyone and that way other hitmen and serial killers can't target her."

Marcel beside me nods. "Brock has a point. We can keep an eye on one of the most dangerous crims in town and get on Bryce's good side again."

Evan (a.k.a Vanoss) nods, taking off his mask to free his sweating head. He breathes in the fresh air before gazing at everyone else. "Anyone got any other plans?" Wildcat stands, pounding his hand with his fist. "Kill her! No secrets will be revealed, a criminal that gets in our way is gone."

The chatter continues before Lui pipes up in his squeaker voice. "All in favor of befriending?"

Hands are raised and Lui counts them. "All in favor of killing her?" He counts the hands.

Evan nods, gliding a hand through his hair. "Okay then. We'll do it when she wakes."

~.~.~.~

(Y/a/n) POV

I hear the door open through my drowsiness and I stir, rolling over onto my back and groan. My eyes felt glued together as I tried to peel them apart. My hands rub my eyes slowly and I squint at the ceiling above me. Everything focuses and I realize that it's not the roof that clouds my vision.

I scream and push the face away from me. I sit up dangerously fast and come face to face with the psycho who was watching me. "DELIRIOUS YOU CREEPY BASTARD! I WASN'T EXPECTING FUCKING EYELESS JACK SAYING HELLO! JESUS!" I scream, curling into the wall. He gives me a puzzled look before shrugging.

"You've been asleep for ages, I was just checking if you were dead."

I remember Moo telling me to take it easy but my heart pounding in my throat told me this wasn't easy. It also told me I was definitely alive. "Yeah well, now you know! Get out!" He cackles, "Dinner is ready by the way." He says, closing the door behind him.

I get dressed as fast as I can before someone else catches me practically naked. It takes me a minute to get dressed but I get back into my suit and walk to the staircase. I can see the lounge room from the 3rd landing, the building is really open. Delirious sits down next to Vanoss and Nogla, interrupting one of LuiCalibre's stories.

"Did you know (Y/a/n) sleeps pretty much naked?" He takes a forkful of food, lifting his mask up to do so. "Delirious!" Lui squeaks, placing his hands on his ears. The boys laugh but I can't help but notice the blush on some of their faces. He doesn't wear the mask, I'm guessing because he doesn't need to.

I walk down the stairs and grab a bowl of curry chicken from the counter and walk over. "Del, we told you, it's because she had to have her wounds cleaned," Moo said, seeing me enter. "Anyway! I saw her first." Basically grins, punching Delirious's shoulder.

"Actually, out of everyone in this room, I saw me first," I say, walking to sit next to Lui. Delirious and Basically tense, not realizing I was in the room. I smile to myself as the rest of the crew laughed. "So what's happening? What execution have you prepared? I hope it's not embarrassment because a third of you have already seen me 'pretty much naked'." Lifting up the mask till it's past my mouth, I take a bite of the food as the three boys nervously chuckle.

"You're a lucky asshat," Wildcat says, crossing his arms. "We aren't killing you." I raise my eyebrows.

Vanoss leans forward. "We have a proposal." I nod and prepare myself to hear it. "We want you to join us."

I shake my head laughing. "Are you fucking serious!" The boys stare at each other, confusion clear in their postures. I stand up, placing my bowl on the table. My hands ran through my hair, scratching at the scalp in frustration.

"This wasn't what I suggested last night."

"We can't let you leave," Lui says from beside me. He stands up, cautious if I would attack or not. Although the Monkey Man was smaller than the rest of the crew, he was still inches above my height. I look into his eyes before searching the others. "I could steal from you. Attack you. Kill you while you sleep. Yet you want me to stay?"

Vanoss nods. "We would trust that you don't commit treason?" I look down at my hands before replying. "What will I get if I join?"

"A new suit," Mini says quickly, studying the ripped clothing.

"A new mask. One that you can breath in that isn't just cloth." Lui says.

"Gadgets created by me," Terrorizer says. I remember him from Bryce's office.

"Training." Delirious nods.

"Probably a car and a room to stay in." Basically explains.

"Full access to our medical equipment," Moo states, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Access to all of our games and one hell of a good time." Says Daithi.

"A new name if you would like one?" Vanoss concludes.

I smile, thinking of how fun living here would be. "You guys aren't going to pussy out 'cause I'm a girl?"

"We'll put a lock on your door for privacy." Says Terrorizer. "It's mainly to keep Delirious from watching you."

"Hey!" Yells Delirious. "I do not be a little gnome creeping around!" He yells causing everyone to burst out laughing.

"What about you Piggy? Hmm? What do you propose?" I say, turning everyone's attention towards Wildcat who is still sitting with his arms crossed.

"I have no choice. But..." He sighs. "You get our protection. Ally gangs can not touch you. Enemy gangs can try but we'll have your back. I doubt a lot of soloists will try to attack you knowing that you are with us."

I nod, smiling before an image pops into my head. "I can return to my home every now and then, right? I can still do work for Bryce?"

Vanoss nods while Moo announces beside me, "We encourage it."

"Well then..." I say, mainly to myself. There are so many benefits to joining them. Perhaps even the bounties on my head as (Y/a/n) will leave.

"I guess I'm in."

There is a chorus of cheers as David jumps over the table and picks me up, throwing me over his head. I gasp in surprise but smile as I see the excitement on everyone's faces. "Hey, Nogla? Can I get down please?"

He laughs and complies. "Call me David, now that you know. It'll make settling in a wee bit easier." I laugh as well, admiring his Irish accent. Everyone congratulates me individually until I see Vanoss stand up. He offers his hand and I take it, feeling his firm shake rock my arm.

"Welcome to the Banana Bus Squad."   

(1415)