Chapter 2: Prom Night

"Oh come on. I do not snore!"

Laughter filled the room as I rolled around on my back, clutching my stomach. Damien was pouting, folding his arms and legs in a defensive manner. He started smiling as someone let out an awful snort before joining us on the floor. All this laughter was making me feel weak.

My friends and I are sitting in my room, excited for the night ahead. The school's yearbook lay in front of us, scattered pictures everywhere. My room was usually filled with photos, being plastered against one of my walls, across from the tapestry on the opposite wall. But this was different. To have glue and pictures, papers and markers everywhere and best of all, my friends. We are all apart of the yearbook committee so we agreed to work together so the teachers can duplicate it and give them out at graduation.

Graduation will be the end of threats. I won't have to fret for my friend's safety or being manaced by bad men. I can attempt to leave this city of drugs, alcoholics, and gangs. Never again will I have to be at the mercy of a gun.

"It's starting to get late. You boys should leave. We have to get ready and so do you." Damien starts complaining but my best friend, (b/f/n) stands and shuts him up, pushing him out the door. (If your best friend is a boy then he leaves too.) Minx shuts it behind them and starts giggling. "I can't wait to see your brother with his new boyfriend. I wonder who he could be."

"What? Damien? We all know they will v-line to the bathrooms anyway." The room fills with laughter yet again.

Things moved quickly after that. Everyone applied their make-up and then took turns going to the bathroom to put on their dresses. I was last to go in but couldn't help looking at all my gorgeous friends and smile as they did each other's hair. I slid into the bathroom and gazed at my dress. I knew it would look amazing on me but I couldn't help noticing that I was also thick in some areas.

I shrug it off and hope the boys like thick thighed girls as I slip into the (f/c) dress and look at myself in the mirror. Beautiful.

The door opens and I shriek, Minx just laughs. "What if I were naked?!" I exclaimed. "Nothing I haven't seen before." I shiver before walking out. The girls squeal and compliment as I strike some poses and giggle.

After my hair is done, we jump into the car. Damien joined us in his suit and... jeans. "Really?"

"Oh come on (Y/N), they're comfy."

~.~.~.~

We arrive and I grin as all of the ladies (and Damien) jump out of the car. We look so beautiful! I can't help but feel upset as I realized that this was our last prom together. The parking lot was pretty much empty excluding the students jumping out of their cars and heading straight inside. We all waited outside, staring at each other and giving out questions. I was barely paying attention until I heard my name. "So (Y/n). Who is your date tonight?"

We all promised not to tell each other so that it was a big surprise when they arrived to take us inside. I smiled and looked at my best friend dead in the eyes. "You'll see."

(B/f) groaned before spinning around in excitement. They tugged at their hair to put strands back in place after they fell out, mumbling unintelligent words.

The first date showed up, striding straight to our group with a smirk on his face. All the females gaze at each other, trying to figure out who this boy belonged to. "Hello, sexy." He growled, continuing to stride over to our group. He arrived, barely sparing the girls a glance before gripping onto Damien's waist and leaning in to whisper into his ear. Damien was left frozen, a blushing mess. "Jeans? Really?" The boy chuckled leaning back before holding out his arm for the blushing male.