Chapter 4: Graduation

It's a dangerous world out there. So dangerous that I can't afford to be deep in thought while turning a corner. That would, of course, be silly!

A beefy male turned the corner at the same time and we bumped into each other, not being able to stop ourselves before we do. He holds two books carelessly and they scatter on the ground. I fall back and grip onto the wall before I fall on my ass. "What the hell!" He says still standing, barely moving from where he first was. I stand up as he takes in my figure and -as soon as I looked up- my face.

He was so much taller than me! I only smashed into his chest, I'm only just his shoulder height. I gasp as I take in his figure. This male was buff, thick muscles going up to his arms and not a skinny chest or waist. He wore zebra black and white leggings, a white t-shirt with a pink kitten on it. The cat had a matching flush top hat and his owner had a hot-pink cap. The man stared down at me and then smirked. "Look, Craig! It's Evan's girlfriend."

The man beside him chuckled, taking in my shape as the bigger male picked up his books from the ground. "Stop eye-fucking Evan's meat Tyler!" I raise my eyebrows as I see the man underneath me look at a specific area on my body. Disgusted, I twist my body to the side and kick his stomach. "Back off!"

Craig's eyebrows raise to the sky as he grips Tyler's shoulder. "Calm down hun!"

I turn to him. "Listen here dipshits! I am not a prize to be won. I am not Evan's property. I am not candy to look at and I am not a cheap McDonalds toy. Back the fuck up!"

Tyler stands up with wild eyes. Craig has a hand on the other male's chest holding him back. Tyler seems to breathe in and calm down. "You'll see. Have fun running from the leader."

This line keeps me thinking all day. Leader? What does he mean? Well, Evan seems to be the 'Alpha' of their friend group.

The funniest thing about their friend group is that they aren't all jocks. The ones who do play sports don't aspire to be great rugby players or fantastic at hockey so that completely rules out the possibility that Tyler meant the sports group.

After those words, the boys pushed through me and strut off to their classes. It pissed me off that these boys thought they could own me. Nothing bugs me more than the lack of equality in this city.

These thoughts troubled me until lunch, where I sat with my group of friends. The girls, (bf/n), Sean, Mark, Felix, and Damien with his boyfriend. I smile at this tight group and squeeze in between Sean and Mark. "(Y/n)!"

"Hey boys." The table looks at me and a few look down at their plates. "What's everyone up to? What's the matter?"

Jaiden looks back up and nods at someone coming towards us. The girl who is a year younger than us looks at me and sighs. "Hey (Y/n). These assholes made me in charge of telling you that, um." Momo pauses and averts her eyes. "(Y/c/n)... Mum and Dad got a call yesterday from his parents. He's um... he's missing. He was last seen by you when he left the prom."

I feel my blood run cold and my fingers open in shock. "What?" There was no way. He can't be a victim of crime. No way. He's smart, fast and everything to me. It's my fault he ran away. All my fault. Who knows where he is now. He could be dead in a ditch, in someone's basement or even worst, doing someone's bad deeds.

I feel the tears slowly roll down my cheeks as my body freezes. "(Y/n)?" Momo checks if I am okay before pulling me into a hug. My head rolls onto her shoulder and the sobs escape my chest. I try to be strong, try to keep my tears in but I can't help it. My love is gone.

After a few quiet minutes at the table, I stop crying and lift my head from Leoni's wet shoulder. With my dead body, I move to play with my food, using a fork to push around the lettuce on my plate. Minx, who's across the table from me, grabs my hand. "Let's clean you up."