Chapter 3: The Boss Man

Key: (Y/A/N) = Your Assassin Name.

Get creative!

I slam my hands on the table, staring at the blonde boy in front of me. "We are at your school! I don't give people assignments here. Only at work."

"I need to know if there are any assassinations for Evan Fong."

"Fong? What do you want with him."

"I could so do with some murdering right now."

"Would you care to explain why?"

I shift uncomfortably. "The prom last night. Our last one. It was my last chance at getting with (Y/c/n). We were dancing. Everything was great. Fong stole me while (Y/c/n) was getting us drinks." He looks at me with eyebrows raised. "You realize that after graduation, you'll probably never see him again."

We take a moment in silence. "I suppose you are right. But no one-"

"Leaves Los Santos. I know."

I look down. "Is there really no one who wants him dead?"

"Only you."

I sigh. I've never killed anyone, only severely injured. I only do it to get paid in this harsh city and to survive its environments. There is not one innocent person in this city. Not a single innocent bone.

"I've been meaning to tell you though. I've had requests for both (Y/n) and (Your assassin name). Someone wants you dead. I mean. Really, wants you dead." I raise my eyebrows. "No. I can't tell you who it is. But there are a fair few requests."

"Yet none of the police care."

"Only cause you are doing their work for them."

"That's not what the Mayor said." He raises his cup to that. "I still liked him though. He was the best Mayor yet."

"Too bad it was his first day on the job." We laugh and I feel the anger leave my system. I sit down on the desk, cross-legged and watching him settle down. "So that's all you called me for? Is that the only reason I am here?"

Holding my chin in my hand, I think. "Yes... but I am curious. Did the people who want (Y/a/n) dead, tell you why?"

His long face froze, shifting in discomfort. "No. They just explained how they were going to give you the most painful death ever." I only nodded. "And me?"

"Someone asked for you to be assassinated because they think you are going to be a threat. I have no idea what this means but I need to give this assignment to someone. This organization has a shit ton of money and I know we can find a way so you won't die."

Yet again, I nod before realizing what this truly means. "Wait! That means my freedom of being just me is gone! I will have to be a hitwoman forever!" He flinched at that. "You know that being a criminal is the safest job out there at the moment." His bright blue eyes averted mine.

I shake my head. "I'm not doing it. You must tell someone to fail the mission."

"Then he dies."

"What's another death going to do!"

"(Y/n)!"

I stop, knowing very well I stepped out of place. This man is my boss. I should not be yelling at him. "I'm not having anyone fake my death."

Everything goes dead silent before I reach the door.

"Oh. Almost forgot. Congrats on escaping the cops. I know it didn't help that an 'old friend' called them upon you." He stares wide-eyed, muttering something unintelligible under his breath. "Goodbye Bryce."

~*~

I know that was probably not the best thing to say to him but I know for sure he'll be thinking about it afterward. Plus, now I know for sure that he won't underestimate my power. I mean, the last dude who did was sent to the hospital with a fist stuck up his ass.

Well, it's not like I meant to. I can't help that I snap at the worst times. I'm not a very broken person but being in danger that many times takes a toll on oneself.

I'm walking through the corridors on my last day at school and man I couldn't wait to leave! The school has been one of the worst events in my whole life. The number of school shootings we've gone through is nearly as big as my collection of fandom posters. Not to mention the ones that were torn in the robberies we've had and house searches.

Los Santos is the worst city in the world. Full of crime and hate. There is no such thing as peace or equality. Only gangsters and thugs and the few casuals that were born here. This metropolis is surrounded by expansive concrete walls, made in the early 1990s. They decided that anyone who has done wrong must spend life in this hellhole of a prison. They did not care if you were good and born to thugs, not wanting to follow their paths. I guess that's the price you have to pay. You come in if you've done wrong in the 'outside world', but you can never get back out.

I suppose they believed there was nothing humane left in our ancestors in 1993 and built those walls. You could say that our parents were naive believing the outside world when they said that it was going to be the safe haven for the good. We honestly believed we were all good.

Maybe deep down all of us are evil, malicious and cruel. I believe the only reason people here are bad these days is that that is how we have to survive. It's how we've been raised.

You 'come out' gay and you're dead. Do you believe women have rights? Dead. And if women don't do as told, a bullet to the head isn't questioned. That's the great thing about our world.

Once upon a time, a female could be a gangster. Could go out with a gun. Was quite capable of shooting down a church. Not anymore. All the churches have been burned for we all have sinned. Soon the schools will be added to that list. We will dig ourselves a bigger hole and soon it will be the last man standing over the lumps of dead bodies who will survive. That is until he dies from old age or the stench of decay.

If it comes to that, I will be that man.

You see, I've become a hitwoman to prove that women still have rights and that we can play as dirty as the blokes. Perhaps that is why Bryce told me that (Y/a/n) has so many death requests against her name. Men don't like women in power, and I am slowly climbing the ranks. I'll be on top. I'll be more powerful than the top gangs. I'll prove it.

No matter who I have to kill. 

(1137 words)

Reading over this is so... cringe-worthy? I know the end of the story is better, even worth it I guess but it's still... ehhhh.