Chapter 9: Old Music Memories

Everyone around me cried, sobbing as the only hermit priest in this damn city spoke, bidding all the dead to the heavens.

I wasn't too upset, I just knew no other teachers were going to be hired. Children would no longer get an education and everything will be left to street smarts. I hate this city so much.

There is no escape. There will never be an escape.

Our tour guide led us to the school, where we had a moment of silence for all the lives lost here through all the years. The only person I truly mourn is (Y/c/n). No one has found him. He is still missing and to be missing is as good as being dead.

I feel my heart lurch in pain as I shake softly. My arms hug the sides of my hoodie as I wait for the crowd to eventually disperse. Once I am alone, I step under the yellow tape and walk into the minefield that was my school. I walk past all the buildings that were half blown up by Delirious and step into the saved part of campus.

It takes me a minute to pass the cafeteria and it takes all of me to ignore the memories threatening to break the tear barrier. I hurry to the music room, a shack compared to the other buildings this school had to offer. I am a bit of a music freak. I listen to bands non-stop and I can't help but dance every time I hear a Good Charolette song.

I open the door, surprised that the alarm wasn't fixed since the event. I gazed around at the instruments I could steal and sell good money for. I left it all untouched as I tried to see the spot I usually sat. "Here?" I questioned, seeing the tiny space my whole body would squeeze into easily. I sit down as if my friends were sitting around me, screaming the lyrics to Panic! At the Disco songs as someone smashes a drumset on the wall.

That's when my eyes catch it. The spot where the boy would sit with his guitar on a Friday afternoon and strum, scribbling things down on a piece of paper and muttering words under his breath. Now and then the scruffy boy would look up and catch my eye, looking away in a hurry. That's when I realized.

"David! His name is David!" I jump up, celebrating quickly.

"You figured it out." I hear someone say and I twist my body, pulling out a knife in the process. "Who is it?" I say, hoping that it wasn't someone bad.

"I told you not to come here." I scowled. "Bryce... back-off."

"You know now. Next time they get ahold of you, they will have no choice but to murder you! The BBS is dangerous (Y/n). Don't underestimate them." I laugh.

"They also have no clue what is going on. I know one person already, I know who to avoid. I should be safe now."

"Safe!" He shouts. "Are you stupid! They are powerful people, I've seen what they can do."

"Well so have I!"

"You have not!" He yells. My eyes widen as he tries to calm down. "You have massive bounties on your head, wake up! If you aren't smart, you will be killed!"

"Maybe death isn't too bad! It's the only escape from this prison!"

"Death is not an escape!" Bryce lifts his hands, tangling them in his golden locks and pulling lightly. "Come with me (Y/n). We can hide from everyone, you and I will be safe forever, I promise." His eyes look up at me in hope.

"Don't..." I mutter, walking towards the door. He grabs my arm as I storm past him.

"Please..."

"I am not going to run from my problems." My shoulder smacks into his and I strut out, running as soon as I was out the door.

What was with Bryce? Why was he acting so weird? First, he kisses me, then he wants to 'escape' with me? All the while he was mad and trying not to punch me. I can't explain it. I can't explain any of it.

I end up walking down a road, heading towards my apartment. I pull my fabric mask down my face from under the hoodie before shrugging the jumper off and placing it around my hips. I wore the suit underneath, now aware of how cautious I should be. I steer off into an alley to climb the wall, having the fire escape ladder as my help and safety.

Once I get up onto the roof, I use the ledge to sit down and stare at the city ahead of me. What the hell is this place? What kind of demon would put us in this trapped arena? Watching us scatter around like lost rats. I feel my body heat up in anger as the thoughts fill my head again.

It doesn't take me long to rage. I pick up a piece of concrete and throw it at the building across the street, screaming in anger. My voice tore at my vocal cords, making my throat ache. The rock shattered once it collided with the wall and I was surprised at how much power I had in that throw. 

Of course, my easily distractible mind finds something else to focus on. It doesn't take me long to completely forget my super strength. Instead, I run towards the smoke cloud forming on the other side of town.

It takes me about five minutes to rush over, and the site leaves me breathless.

A van spins in a circle, making burns on the ground as cops try to shoot out the tires with their horrible aim. The white van seems to be cocky, rubbing the illegal actions in the cop's faces. A man holds onto the top of the van, screaming in delight as the car screeches around and around. Someone else sits out of the window, holding C4's in a hand and a detonator in the other.

The man hanging out of the window was wearing a tuxedo, a fake little mustache and rocking a Quiff.

I laugh, sitting on the edge of the building and watching in curiosity. "What are they doing?"

The tuxedo man throws a C4 and watches it land directly on a cop car. The cops panic, trying to run as the man cackles and hits the button on the detonator.

BOOM!

The explosion is huge, and the shirtless man wearing a monkey mask hollas out before bursting into laughter. I feel the contagious laughter break my ribs as I hold onto myself, my previous mood completely gone.

"Pretty funny right, Hoochie Lady?"

(1108)