Pearl turned the joystick left and right until a clear path was found to a small box with a line down the middle. She shot the main box on the line, and it split in half. Wandering back to the middle, the gems spotted a door which can one green light on it. 

The phone rang again. Amythyst answered it this time and Alphys's voice flitted through. "So, first, you want to- wait. Y-you already solved it. Never m-mind." She hung up. The gems worked on the other puzzle. Steven sat on the ground in a corner while the Pearl, Amythyst, and Peridot worked on the puzzle. The updates from Undernet seemed never-ending. 

"dinner with the girlfriend ;)" The photo was an anime girl figurine next to a bowl of ramen. 

Steven smiled. He didn't quite understand Alphys. The small dino seemed to have a crush on Undyne, yet, didn't do anything about it. He thought about it for a minute, deciding he would have to do something about that. 

Another profile photo popped up on the phone, this time a skeleton's face. 

"ARE WE POSTING HOT "PICS???"

"HERE IS ME AND MY COOL FRIEND" It was a badly photoshopped photo of Papyrus with muscles, and another, normal photo of himself. 

Alphys responded, teasing him. 

"LOL, CoolSkeleton95! ... that's a joke, right?"

Papyrus replied back, clearly aggravated. 

"THE ONLY JOKE HERE, IS HOW STRONG MY MUSCLES ARE."

Alphys, probably wisely, didn't respond. 

Peridot yelled, "YESSS!" She had finished the puzzle. The others looked slightly exasperated. Peridot strutted through the door, now open. "And I finished it ALL by myself." Steven glanced at Pearl. Pearl shook her head slightly, looking annoyed.  The gems walked into a room filled with squares with arrows on them. 

Amythyst stepped on one. The square flung her sideways, onto another platform. "Owwww" she complained, rubbing her knee, which she had landed on. Pearl gracefully lept from one platform to another, landing on the other side, not even touching the arrows. "Come on, slowpokes!" she trilled. The others picked their way through the arrows, only stepping on the ones that pointed the direction they wanted to go. It was difficult at first, slipping and sliding, but they got the hang of it. Peridot stepped off the last one, once all the other gems were safely on the other side, and faceplanted onto the ground where they stood.

The phone rang once again. Alphys's voice filtered through the device. "So, you want to... you really did it AGAIN? I'm d-done." She hung up. 

"that's the last time i try to help with a puzzle lmao" 

The gems walked on the solid, dusty ground. The air was humid, and the gems panted through the heat.

"OMG? ppl think Mew Mew 2 is better than Mew Mew 1?
LOLLLLL that's a joke right..."

"omg... DONT THEY GET IT RUINS Mew Mew's ENTIRE CHARACTER ARC"

Steven snorted as he showed the post to Amythyst, who laughed. "She's a full otaku, alright."

"My Mew Mew 2 Review:

Mew Mew Kissy Cutie 2 Is Neither Kissy Nor Cutie.
Its Trash. 0 stars"

"oopswait how's the gems doing"

"Top Ten Shows That Make You Forget To Do Your Frickin Job"

Steven shielded his eyes to look off into the distance, to what looked like... a really dark space????? The area was practically pitch black, as the gems wandered their way into it. Pearl generated a glow from her gem, and used it as a flashlight. Amythyst readied her whip. Steven pulled out his shield, and Peridot cowered behind it. Pearl walked over to the side. "What the..."

Her pale light shone on what appeared to be an oven, freshly cleaned. Alphys called them, and Steven put the phone on speaker. "H-hold on, there seems to be a p-power outage. It's fine! I c-can fix it!" The lights flickered and turned on above their heads. Glancing around, the room was a full kitchen, complete with an ovean, microwave, and ingredients set on the counter. Alphys yelled, "You need to get out of there. NOW." The gems ran back to the edge of the room. 

Steven was thrown back by a blue electric ray. "Steven!" all the gems cried. Steven sat up, groaning. "I'm fine, guys" A huge rumbling came from below the ground as a familiar box burst through the floor. 

"OOOOOOHHHH YESSSS! WELCOME BEAUTIES, TO THE UNDERGROUND'S PREMIER COOKING SHOW!!" 

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! Author here! This chapter was a bit slow, but next time, I have a special surprise for you all! Hope you liked this chapter! I've been a little busy at school, so sorry for making you all wait for so long. Its been a little stressful, not gonna lie. I'll probably update in the next week, and then maybe take like a month hiatus for my mental health, I'm not sure yet. Anyway, thanks for reading, love you all! \(^3^)/