Goat Mom!

(music for the chapter)^

Peridot and Steven woke up blearily, rubbing their eyes. Steven sat up and yawned hugely. "Hello my children! I see you're awake! I could only carry you so far, so I had to stop here.", the creature told them. Steven yelped. He scurried away from the creature. "W-what do you want!" He asked, trembling. "Are you okay, my child?" The thing asked, concerned. Peridot answered for her. "What do you mean 'are you okay?' We're not okay! We just got attacked by a FLOWER! You're probably going to kill us too!" The furry monster looked anxious. "I would never hurt you!! EVER!" The monster said. "My name is Toriel. I am the caretaker of the ruins. I stop by the flowers every day to see if anyone has fallen down. I would never hurt you."

Steven sighed. "That's good." "Come, children, I will guide you to my house." Toriel encouraged. She walked off toward the next corridor. Steven took this opportunity to look around. All the walls seemed to be painted...purple? He shrugged and followed Toriel and Peridot towards the corridor. Toriel halted in front of them. "Here, I must leave you children." Toriel said. "I must, um, attend to some  business. Here is my phone, call me if you get scared or attacked." Toriel handed them a small ancient flip phone and walked away, leaving Steven and Peridot confused.

"Welp," Peridot announced. "I don't know about you, but I  think we should move on and find our own way out of here." she told him. Steven gulped. "I-I think we should call Toriel first, I mean, it could be dangerous." "Fine." Peridot pouted. "We'll call her, but after that, I'm taking charge." Steven picked up the flip phone. "How do you use this?" Steven asked. "This is ancient! I've never seen an older phone in my life!" gasped Peridot. "Well, I think you press this button, and then do this." Peridot demonstrated. "Aha!" She exclaimed triumphantly. "I found her contacts! Wait, who's Lazy Bones, Spaghetti Master, Fancy Legs, Queen Nerd, Fish Face, and Asgore😤? How did she even put that emoji there?!" Peridot mused. "Oh well, let's just call her." Steven  encouraged. Peridot put the phone up to her ear. "Yes, hello Mrs. Toriel, we were wondering if we could go on ahead?" 

Peridot pulled away from phone, looking disgruntled. "She's barking." Peridot said, holding the phone out to Steven. Steven took it and held it up to his ear. Sure enough, all that could be heard was a tiny yip of a dog chewing on the other phone. "Ummm, I guess we could just, go on ahead." Steven decided. "But first, let's backtrack to make sure we know where we are." They began walking back. All of a sudden, they saw a thing that looked like a flower dive into the stone floor. "Um, maybe we should go back. That looked way too much like Flowey." Steven said nervously. "Agreed." said Peridot. They began to walk quickly away  from the spot where Flowey was hiding, watching them closely.

Steven and Peridot walked along the Ruins. Steven laughed, "Hey, there are a ton of leaf piles in here! It'd be fun to jump in some of them!" He ran towards the nearest one, and hurled himself into it. "Haha, this is great!" he laughed. Peridot gulped and watched the figure behind Steven rise up. "H-hey Steven? You might wanna look behind you!" Steven slowly glanced behind. His Soul flew out of his body and he entered a battle with the gigantic frog that had apparently been sleeping in the pile.  

The frog looked at him, its beady eyes contemplating him, probably wondering who the heck is this that just jumped on me? Steven looked at the options floating in front of him. "Let's try Act." he mused. He looked at the frog, and the right words to say immediately came to mind. "You are a very pretty shade of green!" Steven complimented it. The frog blushed. A smaller frog jumped out from nowhere and attempted to hit Steven, but he dodged it easily. Another option popped up in front of Steven. Spare. Steven willed himself to spare the frog, and the frog immediately hopped away. 

Steven turned back to Peridot. "I did it!" he crowed happily. Peridot stared at him bemusedly. "Great job defeating a FROG" she said sarcastically. Steven waved her aside jokingly. "Maybe you'll get a cockroach next time." he said back at her. The two continued down the hallway, joking and laughing. Their time in the ruins had gone pretty well so far.