Chapter 2- Unforseen Danger

Start from the beginning

"You know, she's right," Leon spoke up. "You need to control yourself."

Hop took a few seconds to collect himself. "Fine, if you think she might be able to challenge you, then that makes her my first rival then, right Gloria?"

"Uh, I guess?" Gloria shrugged, not following the conversation.

"Good." He nodded. "Now, since you and I are officially rivals now, I know I'm not going to lose to you in any battle. I'll be an unbeatable Champion, just like Lee!"

Leon chuckled. "Oh, and you think you're such an unbeatable Trainer already, Hop?" His lips curved into a smile. "I'll be the judge of that!" He stepped back. "Let's all see how well you go against your rival, Hop, in a Pokémon Battle!"

"Oh, uh." Hop bit his lip. "Don't you think this is a little unfair to—"

"I'm down for that!" Gloria grinned, her gaze on Leon.

"Of course you are. . ." Hop groaned.

Leon nodded at them both. "Alright, then. Call your Pokémon back to you, and let's begin this!"

"N-Nori!"

"Tuff!" The Rabbit Pokémon looked up and ran in front of Gloria, more than ready to fight.

"You know, maybe we shouldn't do this," Hop said quietly, eyeing Gloria.

"What's wrong, you scared?" Gloria taunted.

"No! I just. . . Don't want to hurt your Pokémon, that's all."

Gloria sighed. "If you don't wanna battle, just say so. If you want to call it quits, I'll be more than happy to accept the glory of winning."

The teen bit his lip before setting himself into a fighting stance. "Alright, fine! I'll battle you, and I'll win! I- I watched every match Lee's had, and read all of his books about Pokémon battles, so I'm prepared." He gulped. "Okay, Wooloo, I choose you first!" Nori was sitting on his shoulder.

"You get first move," Gloria called out to him. Tuff bounced from foot to foot, eager for a fight. It rubbed its paws together, creating small embers in between them.

"Tackle!" Hop commanded. His Wooloo jumped up in the air before curling himself into a ball and barreling right into Tuff's side, crushing the poor Scorbunny. A ghost of a smile came upon Hop's face; could he actually win this?

Gloria noticed his newly-gained confidence. Secretly, she was glad to have helped him feel better about battling her; that's why she let him attack first.

"Okay, now it's my turn." She thought quickly. "Tuff, use Tackle as well!"

"Defense Curl!" Hop yelled at his Pokémon.

Wooloo curled up into a tight ball as the Scorbunny ran to him, ready to strike. And the , at the last second, the Wooloo rolled to the side, avoiding the Tackle attack.

"Huh?!" Gloria was caught off-guard by the sudden movement.

However, with the target now gone, and no way at all for Tuff to slow down in time, it crashed into Hop's legs, knocking him down.

"Oh no! Hop!" Gloria ran across the mini battle field and stopped at her friend's side. "Are you okay?" Nori sure didn't seem too pleased.

"I-I'm fine." Hop glanced away. "Let's keep battling."

Gloria bit her lip, glancing at Leon. If she had attacked Hop, then that meant that he won by default, right?

"If he's saying he's fine, then battle on," Leon told her, his arms over his chest. "Normally, you would be disqualified in an official match, but this isn't that. Besides, the move you used is weak, and I know that Hop can handle it, can't you Hop?"