CHAPTER 28: All Things End Today

MAVERICK

BANG!

The gun goes off as we quickly notice her sister standing in the doorway.

Fuck that hurts like a bitch! I thought to myself as soon as I felt the bullet hit my arm causing my arm to go numb soon after as I fall back onto the floor from the force of the bullet.

"NOOO!!!" I hear Evie cry out while she kneels down beside me and holds my wound.

"Fuck!" I yell out in pain.

Evie gets pissed off and right away begins reaching for my gun as it was dropped from my hand and as soon as she tries to, her sister fires a warning shot at her.

"I don't think so Sis." She tells her.

"Why are you doing this? I have done NOTHING to you." Evie cries.

"You have gotten in my way once again. Everything was perfect until you were born and now you are trying to make sure I don't get what I deserve. I have EARNED the position I'm in right now." She smirks.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Evie asks.

"Tsk tsk tsk. My poor little naive and pathetic sister. I happen to have been a part of Sol's crew for a couple of years now after met a few years back while I was in school. Then after a year later finding out what he does and how much money he makes, I figured why the hell not?! So I joined his crew and now, right as I get close to earning my position as his right hand guy, this asshole comes and ruins it." She says looking at me.

"He's just using you. He will never give you that position. I'm his nephew and he fooled me." I tell her while wincing.

"Well unlike your circumstances, mine are different. He likes me. In fact, we have already talked about getting married." She smiles proudly.

"I swear, he will just leave you. He doesn't care about anyone but himself." I spit at her.

"My god you are so pathetic it's boring me." She rolls her eyes.

I look around passed her and see my Uncle Roy coming up behind her.

"You know what's even more pathetic?" I ask her.

"Enlighten me." She says sarcastically.

"You not seeing the fact that you have already failed." I smile.

She looks at me confused and then is knocked out on the back of the head by a gun Roy was holding then he ran to my side and pulled out his phone to call an ambulance and for cops to come also.

"I'm sorry Uncle Roy. I failed you, my mom and my sister." I start to tell him.

"You didn't fail anyone kid. You're the bravest son-of-a-bitch I know." He tells me as he grips my hand.

Then I look over at Evie and raise my other hand to place on the side of her face as we look into each others eyes.

"I love you so much." I tell her.

"I love you too." She sniffles while placing her hand on top of mine. "Help is coming. So you have to stay awake." She tells me as she points out how badly I'm going in and out of consciousness.

"You are so beautiful." I tell her. "You're an amazing person." I smile tiredly at her.

She smiles back at me and more tears begin to fall down her face.

I could hear the sirens in the background as I started hearing everyone's voices sounding more and more distant and echoing. I took one more look at Evie and before I could say anything else or smile, I closed my eyes and everything went silent.

************

Suddenly moments later, I felt myself being jolted up off the ground and heard somebody yelling out, 'CLEAR!' Then another jolt of electricity went through me again and slowly but surely, I opened my eyes and saw a man who looked middle aged and was wearing gloves on his hands standing over me, looking down at me then smiling.

"Welcome back man." He tells me.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"You were dead for two minutes kid. Somebody up there must really like you." He smiles as he looks up at the roof of the ambulance.

He injects something into an I.V. and then I feel myself start to fall back asleep.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

I decided not to leave you all hanging with this one this time. :);)