CHAPTER 9: Good For Each Other

EVIE

Maverick and I stayed up until 3 AM talking over the phone but it was worth it.

We talked about going out tonight and I couldn't wait.

When I walked towards the first class, I noticed right away Maverick standing outside the classroom and smiled the moment he looked at me which made me smile.

"Morning." I greet him.

"Morning." He replies and greets me with a kiss as well as handing me a coffee.

"Ooo. Thanks for the coffee. I woke up too late to make any." I tell him.

"Well, I figured you would since I kept you up last night talking." He says as we start walking into the room and sitting in the back where he usually sits at.

"I don't care. You're worth it." I smile at him.

We give each other a quick kiss and I notice some females looking at me and him in disgust.

Something that I love about him is the fact that he doesn't care what others think which makes me not care neither.

"So, you still okay with me coming to take you out on a date tonight?" He asks as he puts his arm behind me.

"Of course." I replied. "What should I wear?" I ask him.

"Whatever you like." He tells me.

"I mean is it going to be a casual place or a jeans place?" I asked.

"A casual place." He tells me.

"I can't wait." I smile at him.

We both finish class and throughout the rest of the day, he met up with me in between our classes and then after we were finished, I went to work and I couldn't help but think about him.

"Somebody's happy." I hear Leon say to me.

"Yeah." I reply.

"So you and Leon are going out now huh?" He asks.

"Yeah. Tonight's our first date but he asked me to be his girlfriend the other night." I tell him.

"I knew it. I told Nolene and she didn't believe me." He says.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"When Nolene and I headed back to the hotel room we saw you both asleep in each other's arms and with how obvious you both had made it on our way back home." He smiles.

"Oh." I blush a little.

"It's cool though. Both Nolene and I were hoping you both would get together but didn't expect it to be this quick." He chuckles.

"Thanks?" I said.

"You're adorable." He laughs. "So where is he taking you tonight?" He asks.

"He's taking me somewhere casual. Geez, you are nosy." I tease him.

"Of course I am." He says. "Well, I'm sure wherever it is you'll have a good time." He tells me.

"Yeah I think so too." I reply.

"Well, I really hope everything works out because I would hate to see him...." He started saying but stopped himself.

"See him what?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing." He says walking away.

"No, what?" I asked. "I promise I won't tell him."

He takes in a breath and lets it out before saying anything.

"I can't tell you because I promised him I would never tell anyone. But all you need to know is that he has been through so much. Just like you. That's why I know you both are perfect for each other."

"Okay, but why do I still feel as though there are some things that you aren't telling me?" I asked him.

"It's not my secret to tell." He says.

Okay...." I replied still wanting to know more but I guess if he is ready to tell me himself then he will. Although I wonder what it'll be.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)