Chapter 20

The next day before school started, Michelle was fuming in her seat.

"So I come into school and the first thing I hear is everyone going on and on about Leigh-Anne and Jesy?" The girl said to her friends who were all listening to her that morning. Since last night everyone had been worried about Leigh-Anne since she'd gotten a seizure when she and Jesy were the only ones at Jesy's house. No one had seen the full seizure but they'd heard Jesy's panic about it from the live stream. It had gone viral and the internet was talking about the girls again. She didn't know why the fact that Leigh was autistic and in a relationship with a girl made everyone love them so much.

Later, Jesy had posted a video of Leigh-Anne sleeping on her couch while saying she was fine now and that the seizure wasn't severe. That just melted the world because Jesy had talked about having to carry Leigh-Anne around and all that. People had loved the image of Jesy taking care of Leigh while she was momentarily paralysed. Leigh's sister had posted about it around night time to say that they'd brought Leigh to the hospital to check on everything and the doctor had said she was okay.

People had just loved the whole thing of Jesy being there no matter what and Jesy was basically being praised for being an angel. The internet kept calling Jesy the superior partner and telling 'shallow people' on the internet who wanted relationships to be rainbows all the time to take a leaf out of Jesy's book. Jesy was only thirteen and yet understood the terms 'in sickness and in health'. Since the whole thing was so touching, everyone was trying to get Rihanna to get to know the girls as Leigh loved her very much and had been singing to her song before she'd gotten sick. News stations wanted the girls on their shows and overall it was just annoying and over hyped to Michelle.

"Well it was sweet you know? Jesy carried her around since she was paralysed. I don't know but that really touched my heart." Tim rubbed his chest.

Michelle's eye twitched. The whole class was planning to greet the girls with cards and candy. "Ugh! Jesy said that that happened but we can't like believe her. She could be lying." She shrugged.

"But in Sairah's video she'd thanked Jesy for being so strong and for carrying Leigh around. She said that Leigh had told her that Jesy had been really good to her." Faith said. She actually found what happened to be sweet for real. Jesy was mean to everyone but Leigh-Anne. "She's such a good wife."

"I know right? A normal person might break up with her because she's too much but Jesy loves her so much that she doesn't mind taking care of her." Emma was nearly crying. "Michelle you've got to admit that it's hella sweet."

Michelle growled. "Yeah, yeah it's sweet but . . . haven't they gotten enough attention??" She saw the whole class excitedly planning how they would be extra nice to the girls today. "If Leigh-Anne didn't look as f*cking pretty as she does then everyone would find her gross. Isn't epilepsy real gross? People drool and shit when they get seizures. It's nasty and it can make someone have brain damage. For all we know she could have brain damage even worse than her autism." She cringed thinking of Leigh. "Autism is gross too. Sometimes she just acts like a f*cking r*tard and I don't even want her to touch me. Like when she drools and laughs for like no reason and that stuff." She hated that everyone was praising someone she found repulsive.

Tim thought. "Yeah she's kinda gross but she's pretty and Jesy's pretty too. Jesy's also there for her through everything so everyone loves them." He nodded.

Michelle clenched her fists on her desk and growled. "Stupid little r*tard."

Ashley noticed kids from the class rushing out. "Hm?"

Emma stood up. "What's going on?"

A boy stopped to smile at her. "Leigh-Anne came to school I think. Everyone is crowding her." He went running out.