Chapter 13

And on the Monday in question, Jesy blew it.

Jesy woke up with a start and started looking around her. Did I wake up before my alarm??

She picked up her phone from her bedside table to look at the time and saw that it was a half hour passed the time she was supposed to wake up. "Shit!" She had asked her mum to wake her if anything.

"MUM!"

Jesy's mother opened the door quickly in her pyjamas. "We're late! We're later than usual! Come on Jes let's go!" She ran through the hall screaming Jade's name to get the girl to wake up.

"Mum! You were supposed to wake me! Bucket specifically asked me to get to school early! Ahhh!" Jesy ran out to the hall to say this to her mother.

"Jes I'm sorry. It's just one of those mornings. Sorry!" Janice ran past her then ran back to kiss her. "Good morning!" She then ran to the bathroom after.

Jesy face-palmed then ran to Jade's room. "Wake up lazy bones!"

Jade was already up grumbling. "Don't be yelling at me Jessica! I am quite aware that it is morning." She hopped off her bed and started marching to the bathroom looking cross.

Jesy cringed. "Yikes. Jade's always so evil in the mornings." She shook her head then started running to the bathroom. Oh wait. She should just let Bucket know that she would be late. Gosh I'm a dumb ass. She ran to her room to get her phone and sent the message. After that she asked Namjoon and Ray Ray to try to be early. Hopefully they would make an effort. Then again they try to be late since they don't care about anything. She groaned before running to the bathroom now.

________

Jesy<3: I'll be late today. Sorry Buck. Just hang on alright?

Bucket read the message from Jesy just a while ago.

"Ready for a good day of school today Lee-Lee?" Her mum was driving her while her grandma sat in the passenger's seat. The mother smiled at her daughter in the back as she neared the school.

Leigh-Anne looked to her mum. "Can you walk me in Mummy? School makes me a little nervous when I go in by myself."

"Walk in with you? Now Lee-Lee I walked in with you for the first day but I can't do that all the time darling. You've got to learn to get used to your new school. It's been a while so you should be fine now right?" Mrs. Pinnock said with her eyes on the road now.

Leigh sat there staring at her lap. She then looked out the window.

"Debbie come on now. You can walk her in can't you love?" Leigh's grandma said.

Debbie looked to her mum at her side. "Well . . . why are you nervous suddenly Lee-Lee?" She looked in the rear view mirror.

Leigh-Anne played with her toy in her lap. "Nothing is making me nervous Mummy. I'm nervous because sometimes school seems a little big when I just come in and it can be a little bit scary so I just maybe wanted my mum to walk me in like on the first day especially since I always come earlier than all my friends. I asked Jesy to come early so I could be with her but Jesy is late because she's a tardy pants. I'll pinch her when I see her Mummy and Grammie. I'll pinch her real hard."

The women laughed. "Well everyone's morning routine is different I guess. Hers maybe takes longer." Her grandma said.

Leigh-Anne still played with her toy.

"Okay well if you really feel uncomfortable, Mummy will walk you but just for today." Her mum scrunched her nose at her.

Leigh got excited.