Chapter 4

"So she just went and stopped her whole class just to embarrass Bucket?" Perrie asked with a frown after school that day. They were all moving towards the football field where Jesy and Bucket would try out to become cheerleaders.

Jesy growled and ground her teeth together while holding a bag full of her and Bucket's uniforms. They had changed together in the bathroom. Bucket had called her mother at some point during the day to bring her and Jesy comfy clothes to try out in. Jesy's mother had been informed and Jesy's clothes were able to be sent. "I'm still gonna tell the principal at some point. I mean, she got put in her place since Buck showed that she knew everything but she still got to shine since Buck started drooling. Buck why'd you have to go and do that?" She whined.

"It's not her fault. Sometimes even after you stop a certain thing you've got a problem with it comes back after a long time." Jade told once they were outside.

"Are you wetting the bed again Jade?" Perrie asked lamely.

Jade nearly screamed. Some people looked at them. "No! That's not it. I-I never wet me bed . . . okay one time! Just once!"

Perrie laughed.

Jesy told them to shut up. "The point is that she's an ass who's needed to be fired since her eightieth year teaching. The bitch must be senile by now."

"Maybe actually . . . maybe." Perrie had a finger to her chin.

"Aww. Did she make you feel bad Bucket?" Jade rubbed the girl's back.

Bucket brought her eyes away from where she was staring so she could look at Jade. "She apologized yesterday but she's still mean. I don't like her at all and that's because she's a mean lady." She looked sadly to the ground. "I've got to ask my mum and Bridgette to help me never drool again. It was an accident but it happens sometimes and I don't want it to. Big girls don't drool." She said softly to herself.

The others felt bad for her.

"It's okay Bucket. We all have things about us that we need to work on. I'm sure soon you won't be drooling at all. Not by accident or on purpose." Perrie thought she was wise.

Jesy wondered what she meant by that. "Uh . . . huh . . ." She shook her head. "Anyway Buck, don't even listen to her like we said before. She's just jealous of you and that's the tea."

"Yeah definitely." Jade added.

Bucket nodded by what her friends said just as they reached the field. She got excited once she saw other girls dressed up in exercise clothes. She had on a basketball jersey which her sister had bought for her when they'd gone shopping some time ago in London. It was black and pink and had a baby elephant flying at the front. If she was on a team their name would be Dumbo because that was the wording written on the front as well. She also had her favourite shorts on. She felt really nice in these clothes. They were a little different but she really liked them. Bridgette had started helping her out so that was probably part of why she felt good wearing different clothes.

Jesy wore a black T-shirt with a skull on it as well as mini-basketball shorts. She cringed where she saw the other girls trying out but then sighed. "Let's get this over with."

So Jade and Perrie went to sit at the bleachers to watch . . . and laugh at Jesy. Bucket held Jesy's hand to run with her to where the other girls were.

Jesy moaned as she moved much slower than the enthusiastic Bucket.

"Jesy's too slow."

"But Buck they're all annoying. I've pinpointed five girls that I don't like already." Jesy saw that gross Michelle. She seemed to be already on the squad. The ones who were to try out were standing while the others were sitting on the bottom seats of the bleachers to watch them.